Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross Facinated There Were No Protest In Saudi Arabia

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, May 22, 2017.

1. MadeTheSwitch, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017

MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

The cluelessness of this administration never ceases to amaze me:

Hmmm. Now why would that be? Maybe because....

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/22/wilb...d-not-protest-trump-but-misses-key-point.html

What an absolute out of touch clueless guy. Go back to laundering Russian money Wilbur. :rolleyes:

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think its fascinating that Trump has had protests everywhere he has been.

3. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Ah-mazing, Mr. Ross. Simply Ah-mazing.

He also noted that the roads weren't as crowded with all those women drivers. ;)

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

if women did NOT drive HERE the roads would NOT be that congested either.....

5. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

It is a FACT Saudi cuts off more hands and heads than Saddam every did.
    Any they use a rusty saber, not surgically removed or a guillotine.

6. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I dunno which shortcut key that idea is on your vaunted keypad there buddy, but I'm sending out covert operations to fix that one. Press it again while it still works :D

It's okay by me when someone like Wilbur Ross lets slip a "reveal" like that one. We know more and more how inept this administration is "prepared" to be.

7. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

I'm tapped for words today. Still hungover from last week, I guess. This'll have to do:

[​IMG]

While I'm at it, is "drive them out" the "I have a dream" anaphora of our age? If so, what does that say?

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I mean, "drive them out of this Earth?" I guess Trump thinks those Mars rockets are ready to launch! :eek:

9. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

10. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

He's the first one that should be on a rocket to Mars. Him and his marry band of inept clueless tone deaf deplorables. What a planet that would be. The clueless chaos planet. But no protest! :D

11. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yah and here meanwhile the Saudis too could probablyl stand on Fifth Avenue and shoot someone in broad daylight and not be ding'd for it just like Trump claimed for himself. I mean Prince Bandar was practically a no-appointment drop-in to the White House if he felt like it, over several administrations, so did we really expect Trump and the Saudis not to see eye to eye when cutting a deal?

Oh Rudy turned down that big fat condolence check after 9/11, yes. But their money has been pouring in here for a long time to keep us willing to persist with them in the corruptions of our oil-and-weapons trade.

We are pretty enmeshed with KSA and it will take decades to back out of it gracefully, should we ever elect a president who's even inclined to do that. In the meantime both parties run the risk that something could go bump in the night and destroy our tenuous partnership, a disruption sprung either internally in the kingdom or off the drawing boards of Iran. The industrial operations in Al-Jabayl alone must seem a tempting place for mischief-making sometimes from the vantage point of the Persian Gulf, and we've been docked there helping the Saudis turn oil into money since the 1930s.

We'd have to think carefully what to do in the event some fissure threatened to engulf the monarchy's grip on the moneymaking machine it shares with us. But we won't think that hard, since we're still shoulder to shoulder them in a lot of their industrial operations. So we'll stand with them if someone tries to torch the place.

Hand in hand with a country that still prosecutes for blasphemy and sorcery. Wow. It's not that I don't understand pragmatism, I just think sometimes it takes a really elastic sense of personal integrity to accept (well, to ignore) the core values of some of our alliances.

I can sometimes argue the "human rights thing" either way, i.e., that we should focus on doing business and insisting on worker safety and environmental care as required contributors to product quality,meaning generally asking for improvements as time goes on in the factory floor and its surroundings; or that we should up front refuse to cut deals wtih a country that brutalizes its own citizens. It depends on the example someone puts up how I feel about it, usually. We don't seem to get too far with the up front insistences. We seem in general to negotiate deal by deal, and not surprisingly, the longer we do that, the less forcefully we seem to argue for our own worker's rights back here in the USA.

In theory, once all boats float at the same tide levels, workers' standards of living will improve globally. I was never a hundred percent sold on that one, even less so if we are not going to deal with climate change. In that case there won't be time to find out if the "all boats rise" theory is valid. And now we got this guy Wilbur Ross in there. He went to great lengths to dodge direct responses during his confirmation hearings when asked about his stance on climate change issues. Why not just say he's as big on fossil fuel as he was before he began to divest himself of his fossil fuel holdings?!