Communist party to support Hillary

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zombie Acorn, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

2. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

3. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

4. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

I don't think CCP supports Hillary.
    Am I right?

5. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Nixon wouldn't have gone to China if that were the case.

I think people are more scared of some products made in China that have led to injury or death, despite years of the country being developed, for some products it's clear cut corners are still being used. But that's true for any nation or company. It just doesn't help when we see job losses here, then seeing product quality of products made elsewhere going downhill that lead to generalizations that aren't universally true...

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Sigh.

Can somebody please enlighten me as to how can one be a 'neocon' and a 'Wall St shill' and be a communist at the one and the same time?

And, to be honest, knowing US history, and the history of US politics, I'd have thought an endorsement from the communist party something of a kiss of death back in the 50s, or 60s in the US. These days, their relevance is so non-existent that even an endorsement from them is a mere factual footnote.

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

5000 communists. Wow.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 7, 2016 ---
    Chinese Communist Party member :p.

8. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

The best thing I can begin to fathom of is, because so many neocons support China - which is still ran profoundly by the Communist party and calls itself "Communist" regardless - that there is an association made, which may or may not be completely accurate or simple to properly describe in one sentence or paragraph. Depending on whom you ask, China is no longer communist, in one form or another. The only way to know what it is depends on looking at how they run things and how the government runs itself and who the governors categorize themselves as being. But that goes back to "Communist party" being part of the answer, despite allowing capitalism to an extent (so it is not free market capitalism, which might also explain the protectionism they also employ). But, as I said, one sentence or paragraph doesn't flesh out the whole of the situation. Real life is not that simple yet.

9. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

You do know Nixon went to China during the Cold War, right?
    In the same way that people have called Obama both an Atheist and a Muslim, a fascist and a communist. Logic is not required for some people to speak.

10. Scepticalscribe, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2016

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

As long ago as the Korean War, China and the USSR (Russia) differed on the precise interpretation of communism.

By the 80s, (long after the "Cultural Revolution', or 'The Great Leap Forward') the Chinese Government was encouraging the development of what they called "Communism With Chinese Characteristics."

However, I am further struck by this quoted number of 5,000 communists - seriously, does the US have that many who call themselves communist in the country? That is a lot.

Moreover, I am also struck by the frequent, or convenient appearance of numbers which end neatly in zeros; the appearance of too many of them tend to be statistically improbable.

In fact, as a number, it is slightly over half of the number for guns death for this year alone in the US (which, as of early August seems to be a little over 8,365.).

11. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

If you read the actual article, the Communist party leader in the US backs Clinton...so right away the thread title is incorrect in saying that the party does.

Then the article goes on to say that the Communist party in the US is no longer the overthrow-the-government type that most people think of. And it says the chairman is planning to vote for Clinton for the same reason many other people are: she isn't Trump.

Not much to see here.

12. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

They should be,

13. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

Why?

14. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

image.jpeg

This is how
    http://reason.com/blog/2013/03/13/communism-killed-94m-in-20th-century

94 Million people killed, that's why.

15. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Sorry.

I must say that I am not sure of the point you are trying to make with this post.

But, with a signature (in bolded communist red, after all) that reads 'Hillary For Prison 2016', I suppose the content or the intent, or the very point, of the post, don't matter all that much, anyway.

16. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Don't confuse communists wtih Russians. ;)

17. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

You could say the same thing about the US Nazi party, which this thread is apparently a response to.

Both are silly.

18. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

As that familiar odor of desperation seeps into this thread. Come back when Hillary is retweeting them or Chelsea appearing on their radio shows.

19. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

20. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

But it has Hillary making a face! That must mean something!

21. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

It says that the 94 Million that dies under the communist regimes trumps the 28 million that dies under fascist regimes. It doesn't say that they were one in the same.
    The question was asked how someone could be a Wall Street shill, a communist, and a neocon all at once. I posted an example I found in the wild of just such a creature.

22. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

We're falling down on the job here, took until post #10 to get to gun thread. Must be the August doldrums. ;)

Wonder if people getting all crazed over Communist party endorsement will wonder if Muslims vote as a bloc here and will also endorse Clinton, as extension of Obama. After all, Islam began as explicitly communal in its focus.

Yet when I think of the Muslims I know, they're all small businessmen, definitely capitalist in orientation despite being generous to local community and charities, and many are or were Republicans. Their politilcal leanings had started to change as Obama moved to the right and could change more now, of course, considering Trump's blandishments. At the local level they all still vote Republican. Just like the two old-school Communists I know...

This year at the top? Clinton. The thinking man's choice... even if you're a Communist you like to think the planet will live to come to its senses again some day. A vote for Trump is anarchic. Let him campaign in Somalia, even there they will vote for some warlord over Trump.

23. hiddenmarkov macrumors 6502a

Wondering this myself. Expecting cold war reply, evil communist Russia stuff. Which is funny. Even old school soviet Russia wasn't truly communist. It was a bastardized and modified/corrupted setup of the manifesto.

KGB, brutal heavy handed commissariat, etc. none of this bad stuff I recall was in there. As I recall Marx even had in mind that a truly free press was needed to be in place. Which TASS was anything but.

24. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

My bad, you're right. But N Korea is not actually communist. China is not really communist.

25. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

The link I got was the standard "communism kills" rhetoric.