Company creates Gender-Neutral Menstrual Cup

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
i have no words.

Gender is not binary, and as society begins to understand this, some companies are beginning to adjust their language to meet the times. UltuCup, creator of a new gender-neutral menstrual cup, is one of these brands. Though many people incorrectly associate periods with only cisgender women, nonbinary people and trans men can also have a uterus and vagina, and therefore a menstrual cycle.
https://www.allure.com/story/gender-neutral-menstrual-cup-ultucup

Plutonius

macrumors 604
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
You see some commercials now advertising long term birth control. One of the side affects it mentions is the elimination of the period.

Wouldn't most trans men instead prefer to take something to eliminate their period ?

appleisking

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2013
Men don’t have uteruses or menstrual cycles, women do. I couldn’t care less how somebody identifies. Biology is biology.
A biological woman who’s gender identification is male has a uterus and a menstrual cycle. That’s the point. Obviously identification doesn’t change biology nobody’s disputing that. I don’t get what your problem is.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
If you’re biologically a woman you’re not a male. Sorry.
How does a male of female using this product affect you? There are people today who identify as furries. Who cares? If this product is not for you then don’t buy it , there are a gazillion “men” who need to take a midol every day before they start their day.

jerwin

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2015
Recently on Bustle:

https://www.bustle.com/p/7-gender-neutral-period-products-you-should-know-about-17996710

Most menstruation products are marketed as feminine hygiene products and speak to cis-women only. But the reality is, it is not only cis-women who menstruate, many trans men, agender, and gender non-binary individuals do as well. And it's worth pointing out, that referring to period products as "hygiene" products kinda makes it seem like menstruating is somehow unclean — which is definitely not true. Having any person be able to interact with their bodily functions in a way that feels authentic and inclusive is really important — which is why the development of gender-neutral menstrual products is so necessary, as is an awareness of the words we use when discussing the functions of our bodies in the healthcare space.
Rogifan, why do you read allure?

(I'll confess, my ladymag of choice is The Cut. And usually it's the Daily Intelligencer that reels me in)

Reactions: Raid and millerj123

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
“I’m not a woman. I’m not a man. I am something you can never understand.”

I Would Die 4 U
Prince
That is true about God. By the way when Prince sang this song in 2016 at one of his shows he changed the words “I’m your Messiah” to “He’s your Messiah” and at one show (Oakland) he changed the words to “The Bible’s still here and it says he’s your Messiah and he’s the reason why”.
[doublepost=1561124581][/doublepost]
They were in costume. None of those guys identified as women. In fact bands like Poison probably screwed more women than you can ever imagine. :p

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
That is true about God. By the way when Prince sang this song in 2016 at one of his shows he changed the words “I’m your Messiah” to “He’s your Messiah” and at one show (Oakland) he changed the words to “The Bible’s still here and it says he’s your Messiah and he’s the reason why”.
I see you're obsessed with Prince as I am obsessed w/ David Lynch to the point of noticing the smallest variation :)

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
How does a male of female using this product affect you? There are people today who identify as furries. Who cares? If this product is not for you then don’t buy it , there are a gazillion “men” who need to take a midol every day before they start their day.
Good grief, most things posted in PRSI don’t affect any of us personally. Doesn’t mean we can’t have an opinion on them. Just because someone wakes up in the morning and says I don’t feel like a female doesn’t mean they aren’t. You have a uterus and vagina you’re a female. Not a male, not a dog, not a cat. Not a martian.
[doublepost=1561125250][/doublepost]
I see you're obsessed with Prince as I am obsessed w/ David Lynch to the point of noticing the smallest variation :)
Hehe. True. And I can say not every fan was happy when he started changing song lyrics (after he stopped swearing and got way into the Bible). :p

Reactions: eltoslightfoot

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Good grief, most things posted in PRSI don’t affect any of us personally. Doesn’t mean we can’t have an opinion on them. Just because someone wakes up in the morning and says I don’t feel like a female doesn’t mean they aren’t. You have a uterus and vagina you’re a female. Not a male, not a dog, not a cat. Not a martian.
[doublepost=1561125250][/doublepost]
Hehe. True. And I can say not every fan was happy when he started changing song lyrics (after he stopped swearing and got way into the Bible). :p
you could have started by offering ME a midol........................:p
what others have and what they identify as makes no difference to me. there are millions of "women " with mustaches as well............... I think they are called Aunts :eek: