Company iPhone 4S to iphone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jdugan4859, Oct 5, 2012.

1. jdugan4859 macrumors newbie

I have a company issued iPhone 4S, I own the phone but the account is owned by the company. I want to sell the 4s and get a 5 full price, but I'm not sure if AT&T will just give me a nano sim. Does anyone know what at&t's stance is on giving new sims on corprate plans, or should I just cut the SIM card down?

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I would give them a call, or speak to your company. I am in much the same boat and Orange UK will not issue a nano-sim, thus I am sticking with my 4S.

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Why wouldn't you ask someone at your company first?

4. LoloBond macrumors 6502

All new iPhones as far as i know come with a sim card. The only problem you can run into is that your account is business and to make any changes you have to be authorized in the account or you will have to go through your point of contact at work. Worse scenario, if your phone comes without sim, your point of contact can other one overnight. Good Luck!

----------

or you can go hardcore and cut your sim :D

5. jdugan4859 thread starter macrumors newbie

They are morons when it comes to things like this.

6. darngooddesign macrumors G3

That might be, but ultimatley they are incharge of your company plan.

7. elfxmilhouse macrumors 6502

I'm in the same situation as you.

Company AT&T line but I buy my own phones.

Every year I would put the sim into the new iphone but when they switched to the micro sim I had to have my account admin activate the new sim. I originally cut the sim but it wouldn't work 100% of the time.

You're going to need to either cut the sim or transfer your line to the new nano sim. My line is a business line and I just did a three way conference call with my account admin and AT&T to transfer to the new sim. they also had to update the imei so that the iphone 5 could connect to LTE. originally they forgot to update the imei and it would only connect to 4G.

The only thing is I purchased an AT&T phone not an unlocked phone so it came with an AT&T sim card. I'm not sure what the unlocked ones will come with.

8. nostresshere macrumors 68030

May be true, but I think they are the only ones that can authorize changes to the plan.

By the way, this is not unusual. Many companies assign this task to somebody still use a StarTac phone thinking it is simple stuff. LOL!