OS X Company of Heroes now has Skirmish play!

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Dirtyharry50, May 2, 2013.

1. Dirtyharry50 macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

I just got an update this morning on the App Store for my Company of Heroes Campaign Edition (by Aspyr) that updates it to now include single player skirmish modes: Annihilation and Control Point. You can play up to 4v4 skirmishes with computer AI on 52 maps! Yay!

People have been asking for this for a long time. Hats off to Aspyr for responding with this fine update which weighs in at a little over 6 gigabytes by the way.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

2. SingularityG macrumors 6502

SingularityG

Hell yeah!

It's nice to see some companies actually listen to their customers and not just thinking of new ways to screw them over.:D

This is going to generate a lot of love and revive the title to its full glory.:)

And wait, it's only at 7 pounds?

Thanks feral!:)

3. Aspyr-Blair macrumors 6502

Thanks Dirty! We worked really hard to squeeze skirmish in, and are super proud to have given the community a much requested feature.

Crank up the difficulty and get ready for a challenge. We have testers with 100's of hours in that game and they still get routed by the computer AI every now and then :D

4. Dr. McKay macrumors 6502a

I bought Company of Heroes complete yesterday on the App Store. And I decided to treat myself and bought Bioshock 1 & 2 as well :D

5. NunoBerny macrumors regular

NunoBerny

I bought both Bioshocks a while ago, when they were with 50% off. Great deal. ;)

I probably would do well to go for Company of Heroes at the current price, too.

6. Dr. McKay macrumors 6502a

On a side note, I bought The Cave for 5 euro on Macgamestore yesterday (steam price 15 euro). There are deals to be made every day...

Anyway, back on topic !

7. SingularityG macrumors 6502

SingularityG

Amen!

8. kckahuna macrumors newbie

Can't get Vehicles to break off an attack.

Once a vehicle engages an enemy target, I can't get them to break off or maneuver to improve their position. Any clues?

9. AspyrRyan macrumors member

That's nothing I've seen in the game. Are you sure that that tank hasn't been immobilized?

10. Silaith, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013

Silaith macrumors newbie

Can't get this update

Hello guys,

First I am French, so please be cool about my english...

I have bought Company of Heroes on Amazon yesterday, but it is v2.602.1, without skirmish update.

When I seek for the 2.602.3 with the skirmish update, I am every time conduct on Mac App Store Company of Heroes page, where I can only buy again the game, not up to date my one...!

Anybody get a solution please?

Aspyr-Blair seems to be close concerned by this release, could someone ask him if he has the solution? Because Amazon version is an Aspyr version, but not up-to-date, I am wonder why only the Mac App Store version could be updated...

11. Dirtyharry50 thread starter macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

I would recommend contacting Aspyr support directly with this question and also checking their web site to see if there is a downloadable update perhaps as well. They should be able to help you with this hopefully.

12. Aspyr-Blair macrumors 6502

Bonjour Silaith! Your english is pretty darn good actually.

The MacAppStore version of Company of Heroes was updated first because the install base is much larger for this game. Eventually we would like to update the other version as well, but currently we are loaded down with simultaneously shipping BL2 and BioShock Infinite content with the PC:D

Shoot me a private message and I will do my best to get you handled. :apple:

13. Silaith macrumors newbie

Problem solved!

@Dirtyharry50:
    I actually contacted Aspyr, which gave me a quick and clear answer. They confirmed that only the App Store version of Company of Heroes is up-to-date, and recommended me to get a refund from Amazon, which indicates nowhere that it sells the old version of the game.

@Aspyr:
    Your answer confirms the email I received from Aspyr, thank you for your friendly proposal, but I followed the advice of the email and Amazon refunded my purchase. So I bought the App Store version - and update! - of the game. :apple:

Thank you very much to both of you for your reactivity. I'm going to spend long hours to fight the Wehrmacht wishing you good luck. :)

Au revoir!

14. davecom macrumors member

I also bought the Amazon version because it was on sale for $5. If I got a refund and then bought it on the Mac App Store it would cost me $15. Not that the game is not worth $20; but I'm just hoping non-Mac App Store customers are treated to the update too... Consider this a vote for the issue :)

15. iJON54 macrumors newbie

iJON54

This is the only games installed on my MBP and the only game that is giving me a headache while playing. Why? I can't over power my opponent, I am always losing in the end.

The best game for killing time.