Company sim card and my new iPhone 5 (UK)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snowydog, Sep 13, 2012.

1. snowydog macrumors 6502

Hi all

This is a bit of a complicated question. Well basically I'm asking for some advice.

I've never had an iPhone and I've never pre ordered from Apple.

Anyway, with that in mind, my Orange contract is up and it's on a rolling contract until I ring tomorrow to get my PAC code.

I wouldn't mind staying with orange but it gets complicated. I have a Vodafone sim with work, but no phone yet. I'm unsure of what the actual monthly plan is with work, they just gave it to me without telling me. Obviously I'm gonna ask all this information, just telling you so you know my situation.

I think I'm the only one in the office who will be getting the iPhone 5, however it will be my phone, not work, as I will be buying it myself.

So I'm wondering what's the deal with Vodafone and if any business owners out there can tell me of any experience you have had with this sort of thing. Would my manager ring up Vodafone and ask for my sim to be changed to a nano sim to fit the new iPhone 5?

Also, this is more of an advice type question, but my fiancé is on orange and we both had unlimited texts (so 3,000). We text each other alot (I know, but we can't help it). We also used orange's magic number with each other. Obviously I don't want to be carrying around two phones but my head is muddled about what to do regarding my own contract And one with work.

Should I move on to the work one or stay with orange on sim onlym12 month contract? What do you think would be best for my situation?

As I said, my heads a bit all over the place at the minute and I can't think straight on what I should do. I'll obviously discuss with work but as I'm gonna pre order tomorrow, I just want a bit of a heads up, what you'd do, type of advice.

Thanks guys, always rely on macrumours forums to help ya out :D :)

2. snowydog thread starter macrumors 6502

Bumping to see if anyone has any experience/advice for me?

3. jw12345678 macrumors member

jw12345678

I've had a company sim card with my own privately purchased iPhone for a few years now. The sim card I was given was data enabled, much like a blackberry sim would be now, and it always worked. The problem I found was with the iPhone 4. When I rang the office Vodafone guy and mentioned my need for a micro sim, he told me that I would have to be moved from the collective corporate tariff on to a more expensive iPhone tariff. I got out the scissors and made my own micro sim. I hope I can do the same again with the new iPhone 5.

4. brand macrumors 601

brand

Hmm

5. snowydog thread starter macrumors 6502

DIdnt realise they were against the rules..

I simply want to see if anyone can help me or give advice .... Given the large volume of forum users online yesterday, my post got lost both here and within threads ...

Not like I'm bumping to advertise something or troll .... And I dont particularly want to start a whole new thread just cos this one got lost and I want help ....

----------

Interesting .... Our company phones consist of both blackberry models (from before, until people got annoyed with them) and more recently new iPhones ...

I know Ill not really know until I talk to someone at work about it ... But even with iPhone tariffs, do businesses get better tariff deals?

I've seen good deals by both O2 and orange that I would have got the sim for myself if it weren't for using it for work.