Comparison between black and white

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nhlducks35, Sep 18, 2012.

1. nhlducks35 macrumors regular

2. awestruck macrumors regular

Glad I bought white. Black looks great (always have gotten black) but there's something about the white that appeals more to me this time around.

3. bumblehat macrumors regular

The white is quite nice, but seems like it is better suited for girls named Laura and parents.

4. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Thanks OP for the pictures....

I to purchased the white and glade I did. Just looks slightly better in my opinion over the black version.

5. myphone, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012

myphone macrumors 6502

myphone

6. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Whatever.

To each their own.

Some want a Chevy.
    Some want a Ford.
    Some want a Nissan......

7. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

I always went for white and glad I did it again. The 5 in white looks flawless front to back!

8. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

9. rel macrumors newbie

rel

I personally like the black because of the transition to the screen...it just looks so seamless. You don't get the black border around the screen that is visible on the white. Also, the black bars on old apps to compensate for the bigger screen will just camouflage with the rest of the phone and won't look too obvious

white, though, does look shnazzy...Win win for either

10. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I am glad I bought my black one. It looks more professional I believe, and the black front matches the front of an iMac :)

If only Apple would release a MacBook Pro or Air in the same black color as the iPhone now!!!!

11. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

The white does look better. It more uniform in color, whereas the black has more contrast. The back plate looks more like gunmetal gray or is it the flash that's causing the color to look lighter?

12. Joeymac1 macrumors newbie

Very happy I chose black. Also I'm a grown man, so I would feel kinda silly with a white phone.

13. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

Glad I went white because I don't wanna look like a hoodlum.

14. Tankmaze macrumors 68000

Tankmaze

I'm leaning towards the white right now... And from apple site :

The back of iPhone 5 is made of anodized 6000 series aluminum — the same material used in Apple notebooks — with inlays along the top and bottom made of ceramic glass (on the white and silver model) or pigmented glass (on the black and slate model).

The white use ceramic glass ? Is it better than pigmented glass ? Very keen to find out.

15. johnowenrichard macrumors newbie

Their both aesthetically pleasing, but I can't imagine having a white phone either! It's going to be a shame when its covered by a case.

16. VivaLaFisica macrumors regular

I prefer the white way more than the black. It's a much cleaner look, for my taste. Also, I like the contrast it provides with the border of the screen and camera/speakers; I like to actually see them.

17. stevo505 macrumors member

Everyone is buying the white iPhone. Glad I got black. It just looks so sleek and professional. The back reminds me of an iMac.

18. beem4520 macrumors member

Thought the exact same thing looking at the photos. Except I still ordered a black this time around. Not sure I like the slate gray back.

After seeing these images, I prefer the look of white.

I know it sounds strange but I agree with Joeymac1, the white seems like a chick phone. I know, childish.

19. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

20. sixteen12 macrumors regular

Better how? More scratch resistant? Tough to say. More shatter resistant? High doubtful.

21. Rogifan, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2012

Rogifan Suspended

Rogifan

Hmm...the back of the black phone looks more gray than black. I hope the actual phone is darker than that. The pictures on Apple's website it looks a lot darker.

[​IMG]

22. kanesw macrumors regular

kanesw

Same :(

23. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

I really hope the slate looks darker than that in person. If not, Apple's images are very deceiving. I love my white 4S but went back to black because it looked so sleek. It looks like more of a two-tone here. If it's too light, I might have to switch to white. :eek:

24. sparkstsa macrumors regular

"Ditching the glass back and reducing the thickness of the glass panel on the front has affected the design of the metal band around the edge of the iPhone. It is now chamfered and while that looks pretty, we've already noticed that on the black model the edge has started to wear, revealing the shiny silver aluminium metal underneath the "slate" coloured coating and, indeed, we've witnessed it on two separate models, ruling out a fluke manufacturing error.

These small scuffs will catch the light and make the phone look visibly worn. We suspect that it won't be as noticeable on the white model because the metal edging is silver, so that's worth bearing in mind when you come to order your colour choice."

from Pocket-Lint's review
    http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/5989/apple-iphone-5-phone-review