Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac2x

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 19, 2009
Hello,

I searched high and low before posting this, but could find nothing related.

A friend of mine is trying to start a Minecraft server on an older ppc iMac that's running Tiger (installing Leopard is not an option). This requires a newer version of Java. Unfortunately, the only Tiger binary for SoyLatte is intel i386, and the only ppc binary is for Leopard.

So we would like to grab the source code and compile it, but we cannot for the life of us find out how to download it from the links provided on SoyLatte's site. Is it no longer available?

When one logs in, there appear to be a bunch of files, but no way to download any of them. :confused:

OTOH, is it even possible to do what we want?

Thanks!

Raph66

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2011
A friend of mine is trying to start a Minecraft server on an older ppc iMac that's running Tiger (installing Leopard is not an option). This requires a newer version of Java. Unfortunately, the only Tiger binary for SoyLatte is intel i386, and the only ppc binary is for Leopard.

Hello,
Same Mac, same problem ! :eek:

So we would like to grab the source code and compile it, but we cannot for the life of us find out how to download it from the links provided on SoyLatte's site. Is it no longer available?
When one logs in, there appear to be a bunch of files, but no way to download any of them. :confused:

OTOH, is it even possible to do what we want?

Thanks!

I downloaded 32-bit JDK for Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5: soylatte16-i386-1.0.3.tar.bz2 here : http://landonf.bikemonkey.org/static/soylatte/ but I never could install it on my G4 MDD (with Tiger)...
I hope you'll succeed, you are my only hope ! :):)

darkvoltage

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2012
Same here...

your server requires Java 6 to run all of the plugins and if you want no plugins get Java 5 soylatte is the best way to go and I have search through tons and tons of posts on forums bukkit post and everywhere between but still nothing...that works
:confused::confused::confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.