Completely wiped iPhone given to another person is asking for my ID

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrochester, Aug 16, 2012.

1. mrochester macrumors 65816

Hi all

I factory reset my iPhone 4S which I have sold to my sister's other half. He then set this up as a new iPhone. However, when he's gone to download an app, it's asking for the password for my Apple ID. Firstly, how does this setup as new iPhone know what my Apple ID is, and second, how do I get the phone to forget it?

Many thanks

M.

2. dotme macrumors 6502a

Factory reset... how exactly was that done?

Conventional method is to disconnect the phone completely from iTunes, remove SIM, go to Settings and "Erase All Content and Settings"

3. mrochester thread starter macrumors 65816

I hit the factory reset button in iTunes, let it do it's thing, and then just disconnected it once it had completed this process so that the phone was ready to be set up as new by the other person.

4. toondw macrumors 6502

Just get him to do a factory reset the phone again. I can only assume you did not do a full factory reset. Don't do it on iTunes, just do it on the phone directly.

5. Sirus2400 macrumors regular

Go to Settings > Store
    Click on Apple ID at the bottom, click Sign Out, then sign in again with his ID.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, do the above. Very simple.
    Maybe it activated on your itunes library and your apple ID transfered there.

7. nw9 macrumors regular

If you were still logged in to your account on iTunes then it probably automatically logged you in on your iPhone. The iPhone does this all the time when you do a sync.