Computer stuttering on both Utube & Hulu on OS 10.4.11 any plug-ins I cud use?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MacUser1995, Sep 26, 2009.

1. MacUser1995 macrumors newbie

It has been recently upgraded to 10.4.11 and had a new hard drive with more memory but I cud always view stuff like Utube and Hulu (a free tv program) since we don't have cable before the upgrade.

Now i can get the "gist" of the programs, but it sure it abnormal watching them. Not smooth at all.. the video does NOT catch up with the picture...

What gives here? I read simliar threads lately and what is ppl with Tiger to do? I need to be able to see Utube, just too much important & education stuff on there to bypass, but is there a Free TV website that is compatible with Tiger?

Or.. did the dealer do somethign really bad when he install my new memory and new hard drive? I have an Imac 800 MHz PowerPC G4 and have 768 MB SDRAM in my computer now.

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

You Tube and Hulu do require a decent amount of processing power and at least 1GB of ram in order to play the videos. Both websites play flash videos and flash isn't the best in OS X so a faster processor and more ram would be best. If you can try to upgrade to at least 1GB of ram that might help. It's also a good idea to reset PRAM to clear out any memory stuck that's hampering the performance on flash videos.

3. MacUser1995 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Resetting PRAM will clear out any stuck memory which can happen time to time, you will know when the computer starts performing poorly.

Restart the computer and when the chime sounds, immediately press and hold Command ()+Option+P+R. While holding them down the screen will go black and the chime will sound again. You can let go at this time and allow it boot to the desktop.

5. dadsgravy macrumors newbie

dadsgravy

What type of mac do you have? Is it intel or power pc? If it's intel, then you have something going on, but what? If it's power pc, I think it is flash 10.

I have a powerbook that got choppy when I upgraded to flash 10. I downgraded it to 9 and it works fine. except for the sites that require flash 10.
    I upgraded and downgraded several times. Every time flash 10 was installed, the video was choppy.

I also had to go into quick time preferences and change the internet speed. It was set on 128k. You can start there and see if that clears up the problem. If not, try flash 9. It's a little tricky to downgrade, but easy enough to do.