Computing Beverages (my keyboard is dry)

homerjward

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 11, 2004
fig tree
I was reading the thread concerning Doctor Q's sex and noticed a discussion start about ubergeek(i know the key combo in word but this ain't word) and Jolt Cola. I thought it'd be cool to have a thread about people's computing drink/food of choice. While using my computer I usually drink Diet Sunkist and, if I'm hungry, eat chef boyardee. What about y'all?

latergator116

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2003
Providence, RI
I know this is a bad habit, but I've been eating dinner in front of my iBook lately. Last night I had a nice big bowl of pasta w/ sauce and cheese and pepsi (I know this because the dishes are still right next to me.) :p

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Around the computer I skip anything with sugar (usually stick with iced tea), even though dehydrated water is the best choice around electronics.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 11, 2004
fig tree
Sun Baked said:
Around the computer I skip anything with sugar (usually stick with iced tea), even though dehydrated water is the best choice around electronics.
dehydrated water? :confused: ... :confused: oh, the absence of water. im slow ok?

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
DRINKS:
If I am working: inordinate amounts of coffee (I have a really expensive espresso/regular combo machine)

If I am playing: juice/coffee/beer (depending on mood and time of day)

...there is, of course, some overlap between the two<ahem>

FOOD:
Working: usually nothing but snacks(milano cookies,potato chips), occasionally a meal when I am stuck/flustered/need a break.

Playing: same, although I do eat some meals in front of more often...

sorryiwasdreami

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
way out in the sticks
On the drink front, for me it's water, soy milk, or espresso. Regarding food, I never eat meals with the computer; I eat cookies mostly, with the occasional triscuit and cheese.

Mm mm. Now I'm hungry.

Aaon

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2004
homerjward said:
clear birch beer
Wow, it's so hard to find clear birch beer! I live in Indiana, and all I can find is red birch beer, which isn't nearly as good as the clear stuff.

Aaron

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
Water, water, and sometimes mint water by metromint.

Although lately i've been drinking flavored sparkling water by Safeway Select, but I finished the last bottle yesterday.

scem0

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
during the week: water or sometimes apple juice with water

weekend:some sort of cola light, ice tea (when i'm playing) and in the evening perhaps beer but sometimes idrink water as well

eating: i'm a student so it'S regular to eat in front of tv,computer,etc

homerjward

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 11, 2004
fig tree
Aaon said:
Wow, it's so hard to find clear birch beer! I live in Indiana, and all I can find is red birch beer, which isn't nearly as good as the clear stuff.

Aaron
i used to spend summers in Freeland, PA near Hazelton and I'd drink it all the time. the last time i was there i brought home 3 cases but i finished them a couple months ago :( . there's some brand of birch beer for sale here in san antonio but it's red and 1.50 per 12oz bottle