CONCEALED WEAPONS TRAINING SURGES FOLLOWING SAN BERNARDINO ATTACK

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Dec 12, 2015.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://abc7.com/news/concealed-weapons-training-surges-following-san-bernardino-attack/1119844/
    for those of you who think simply saying "I feared for my life" is a LIC to kill.

2. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

16 whole hours to be licensed with a weapon that could take a life, or indeed multiple lives? How does this compare to military or police firearms training? Genuinely not sure...

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

1000's of criminals out there with no lic at all

4. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

So obviously we need to get the criminals trained and licensed.

Wait....

5. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

It's but a small fraction if compared to military or police training.

Yet why compare? Yes, I understand your intent and it's valid. But unfortunately when the government gets involved, they are often not qualified to be in charge of the task they've been charged with managing.

At least that's my observations over a few decades.

6. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

If only there was some way to conceal caps lock.

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

These idiots are going to get themselves killed.

In an active shooter situation, how are the cops supposed to know who's the good guy with a gun and who's the bad guy with a gun? How is a good guy with a gun supposed to know if the other guy with a gun is a good guy or bad guy. I can't wait to see what excuse the NRA pulls out of their ass the first time their good guy with a gun shoots another good guy with a gun.

8. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Sure. Have the criminals bring their guns to the sheriff so they can be checked in :D

9. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I know huh, people should always wait until police arrive and let the police handle things, thank god there are cops EVERYWHERE preventing murder before it happens :rolleyes:

10. samiwas macrumors 65816

. <--- that's the point​

[​IMG]

11. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Looks like a period on my phone :D

12. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

They may not be the "idiots" your imagination has conjured up.

If this is a serious question that you'd like to know the answer to, do your research.
    I could tell you, but that only invites you to argue back. Get it from a source you trust.

You seem to enjoy making assumptions. There's little point in taking this any further.

13. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Some of you liberals are funny as hell, there is an active shooter taking everyone out and you are concerned with the guy who legally carries. Lmfao

14. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

Was the active shooter legally carrying before he started shooting?

15. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

If he's taking people out, do you really care about if he is legally carrying?

A person who legally carries is a criminal once he uses the gun for harm. It is intended only for protection.

16. samiwas macrumors 65816

No, we're worried about rooms full of complete morons who have little to no training suddenly deciding to open fire. I mean, the goal is to have more people armed, right? More stupid armed people isn't a good thing. I'm not as worried about someone who is trained and has experience carrying, except for those who are a little too gung-ho about it.

17. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

Yes, I care because it would be less likely for him to have a gun in his hands if it wasn't legal. Gun crime happens. Less gun crime happens when there are less guns.

18. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Given the rampant corruption and cronyism in the private sector, I am not sure the government stands out in this regard.

Thank god there aren't poorly trained, disorganised, unsupervised, panicking, armed civilians flapping around like the sky is falling. I am sure it makes the police feel warm all over to know they have backup.

[/sarcasm]

Number of people in the US killed by Muslim extremists since 2002: 45; total of people in the US killed by right wing attacks in the US: 48. (source: http://securitydata.newamerica.net/extremists/deadly-attacks.html). That is less per year than the number of people killed by falling TV sets, yet we arm ourselves to the teeth, allowing terrorists of all sorts to legally gain access to military grade weapons.

And before somebody raises 9/11: I truly cannot see how armed civilians would have helped. Perhaps a competent commander-in-chief would have.

19. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

The part you fail to see is that if he wasn't legal, he would still have a gun.

Why do *******s think that as soon as someone carries a gun it turns them into a maniac killer? People carry to protect themselves and their families. They could care less about protecting you. They want to remove themselves from the threat and if the only way to remove the threat is to use the gun, then so be it. No legal gun carrier wants to be a hero.

20. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

While your point has merit, the degree of private sector corruption / cronyism pales in comparison to the scale of government power and what they do with it.

21. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

What you fail to see is that people DON'T think tat anyone with a gun is a maniac killer. It's the fact that there are plenty of foolish, desperate or a bit loony people who have this access to weapons just like you do.

And no, it's actually less likely he would have a gun if he couldn't legally acquire one. Not all shootings are by people who are willing to buy a gun on the black market.

22. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Well yeah, had. To take out the active shooter with a concealed gun

23. samiwas macrumors 65816

Let's look at a big leap of logic here from some threads:

Don't let any syrian refugees into this country because some of them could possibly be terrorists!!!
    Do allow everyone to have guns, even of some of them might turn bad and shoot people, even if it's more than terrorism!

Get it?

24. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

People who are legally licensed to carry undergo both local and federal background checks. Those checks are in place to prevent the foolish, desperate or a bit looney people from obtaining the ability.

Are you concerned that once someone obtains a license that it makes them foolish, desperate or a bit looney?

25. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

If they are opening fire it's because there is an active shooter......