Concern: iPhone 6+ size in your automobile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bornjr, Sep 12, 2014.

1. bornjr, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014

bornjr macrumors member

I ordered an iPhone 6+ this morning and didn't think much of it except that I like the fact that I could see it better and I have large hands.

I ran across that .pdf print-out of the phone, made one, took it out to my vehicle and it won't fit the center console pop-up for my phone, USB port.

I called Verizon and had them cancel my order for the plus and order a regular iPhone 6. It works better for ME. Y'all better check your interior stuff if that's a concern.

Waddya thinkin' ?

2. AJAAY, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014

AJAAY macrumors regular

I'll manage. There will eventually be car accessories for the 6+. For now, I will just prop the 6+ up on my gear shift to use Waze.

Update: So I printed out one of the iPhone 6/6 plus PDFs which also had the 5S on it as well. My 5S lined up with the printout perfectly so it was to scale. Turns out the dash mount I already have will fit with the 6 plus. So no need for me to buy any additional accessories!

3. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

4. Rockies macrumors 6502

No worries here. Have enough room for two 6+ phones :D:D Can't wait for my 6+ phone. Big screen and 1080P HD Retina....whoo hoooo.....:D

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

This is exactly why we'll see a lot of buyer's remorse come Sept 19th. Too many people opting for the 5.5" just because of the better specs.

6. joshmv macrumors member

joshmv

No no, you'll see iPhone 6 buyer's remorse when they realize that most are happy with the 5.5" size.

What do you know, I can make pointless comments based on nothing as well.

7. darknyt macrumors 6502a

Holder I have now is similar to one in the link above. however it fits into the CD drive slot. It will expand fit the 6+ easily.

No worries here.

8. ThunderApple macrumors 6502

What holder are you using?

9. accountforit macrumors 6502a

Aka...."I'll go out of my way to carry around a phone that's too big."

10. BlkHammer macrumors regular

11. darknyt macrumors 6502a

12. hannahjayne macrumors regular

I have this too - it's brilliant. I don't stick the magnet to the phone but it's in between the phone and the case and sticks fine. I think I'll use the 'tablet' magnet with the + when it comes.

13. darknyt macrumors 6502a

Took me a sec to catch on about magnets. I use grip version.

14. hannahjayne, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014

hannahjayne macrumors regular

Ah. I didn't even check the link, just saw 'mountek'. I have the Snap Groove 2. Really do love just being able to stick the phone on the mount.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HMDYH2U?pc_redir=1410432758&robot_redir=1

15. I am Sampson macrumors 6502

I am Sampson

16. RTony macrumors member

RTony

You guys are really lucky to be able to make a pre-order, then call and cancel your pre-order and make a new one on the spot. I think its only the US guys who can actually do it. its impossible to make a pre-order in Australia and NZ, but if you do get a chance, the shipping will be like 3-4 weeks :mad:

17. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

It is just one of the perks for us being so wicked and evil.

18. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I am not sure I know what sort of center console popup you're referring to?

----------

Not everyone in the US is quite this lucky. Further, the fact that he called to cancel his pre-order doesn't mean it's not going to be shipping in 3-4 weeks still. In fact, I can almost guarantee it WILL ship in 3-4 weeks if the order was just done.

19. RTony macrumors member

RTony

Yeah I guess, I wonder how many more people cancelled their pre-orders because of uncertainty in size comfortability and why they pre-ordered in the first place.

20. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Would be interesting to find out. Even so, I would imagine all that does is bumps up the next person in line (rather than provides another guy lucky enough to log on at the right time a launch day unit). I could be wrong... Apple's pre-order website was handled pretty poorly.

21. ninaco macrumors 6502

ninaco

My car has Bluetooth, so my phone stays in my purse. That way there's no temptation to look at the screen while driving. Six Plus will be just fine in my car.

22. CEmajr macrumors 601

That's pretty nice if it holds it well. Could make looking at the maps while using GPS a lot easier than on the 5S.

23. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I have been using a ProClip device to hold my phone in my van, have been since i first bought the 4. it is a two peice system, one is the mount that connects to your car and the other peice holds your phone. So i had to change out the second peice when i upgradded to my 5 and i am on the mailing list at ProClip for when they have a holder for the 6/6+ ready. really a great mount for you car check them out.

http://www.proclipusa.com/home.aspx...oclipusa&utm_term=proclipusaexact-proclip for

24. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

I have the smaller Kenu and have been using it a few months. It's easily the best car mount I've ever used. Once you get it in a good position in your air vents, the phone is pretty solid.