Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bornjr

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2011
Virginia
I ordered an iPhone 6+ this morning and didn't think much of it except that I like the fact that I could see it better and I have large hands.

I ran across that .pdf print-out of the phone, made one, took it out to my vehicle and it won't fit the center console pop-up for my phone, USB port.

I called Verizon and had them cancel my order for the plus and order a regular iPhone 6. It works better for ME. Y'all better check your interior stuff if that's a concern.

Waddya thinkin' ?

Last edited:

AJAAY

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
I'll manage. There will eventually be car accessories for the 6+. For now, I will just prop the 6+ up on my gear shift to use Waze.

Update: So I printed out one of the iPhone 6/6 plus PDFs which also had the 5S on it as well. My 5S lined up with the printout perfectly so it was to scale. Turns out the dash mount I already have will fit with the 6 plus. So no need for me to buy any additional accessories!

Last edited:

Rockies

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2011
I ordered an iPhone 6+ this morning and didn't think much of it except that I like the fact that I could see it better and I have large hands.

I ran across that .pdf print-out of the phone, made one, took it out to my vehicle and it won't fit the center console pop-up for my phone, USB port.

I called Verizon and had them cancel my order for the plus and order a regular iPhone 6. It works better for ME. Y'all better check your interior stuff if that's a concern.

Waddya thinkin' ?

No worries here. Have enough room for two 6+ phones :D:D Can't wait for my 6+ phone. Big screen and 1080P HD Retina....whoo hoooo.....:D

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota

This is exactly why we'll see a lot of buyer's remorse come Sept 19th. Too many people opting for the 5.5" just because of the better specs.

joshmv

macrumors member
May 14, 2007
This is exactly why we'll see a lot of buyer's remorse come Sept 19th. Too many people opting for the 5.5" just because of the better specs.

No no, you'll see iPhone 6 buyer's remorse when they realize that most are happy with the 5.5" size.

What do you know, I can make pointless comments based on nothing as well.

darknyt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
Holder I have now is similar to one in the link above. however it fits into the CD drive slot. It will expand fit the 6+ easily.

No worries here.

hannahjayne

macrumors regular
May 26, 2010
Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices

http://www.amazon.com/Mountek-nGroo...CD+Slot+Mount+for+Cell+Phones+and+GPS+Devices

Crazy high reviews. Got a pair for $13 each a while back. Good hold, nice angle, rotates landscape easily. May not be best for cd drive slot but I never use CDs now.

I have this too - it's brilliant. I don't stick the magnet to the phone but it's in between the phone and the case and sticks fine. I think I'll use the 'tablet' magnet with the + when it comes.

darknyt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
I have this too - it's brilliant. I don't stick the magnet to the phone but it's in between the phone and the case and sticks fine. I think I'll use the 'tablet' magnet with the + when it comes.

Took me a sec to catch on about magnets. I use grip version.

hannahjayne

macrumors regular
May 26, 2010
Took me a sec to catch on about magnets. I use grip version.

Ah. I didn't even check the link, just saw 'mountek'. I have the Snap Groove 2. Really do love just being able to stick the phone on the mount.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HMDYH2U?pc_redir=1410432758&robot_redir=1

Last edited:

RTony

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
You guys are really lucky to be able to make a pre-order, then call and cancel your pre-order and make a new one on the spot. I think its only the US guys who can actually do it. its impossible to make a pre-order in Australia and NZ, but if you do get a chance, the shipping will be like 3-4 weeks :mad:

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
You guys are really lucky to be able to make a pre-order, then call and cancel your pre-order and make a new one on the spot. I think its only the US guys who can actually do it. its impossible to make a pre-order in Australia and NZ, but if you do get a chance, the shipping will be like 3-4 weeks :mad:

It is just one of the perks for us being so wicked and evil.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I am not sure I know what sort of center console popup you're referring to?

----------

Not everyone in the US is quite this lucky. Further, the fact that he called to cancel his pre-order doesn't mean it's not going to be shipping in 3-4 weeks still. In fact, I can almost guarantee it WILL ship in 3-4 weeks if the order was just done.

RTony

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
Not everyone in the US is quite this lucky. Further, the fact that he called to cancel his pre-order doesn't mean it's not going to be shipping in 3-4 weeks still. In fact, I can almost guarantee it WILL ship in 3-4 weeks if the order was just done.

Yeah I guess, I wonder how many more people cancelled their pre-orders because of uncertainty in size comfortability and why they pre-ordered in the first place.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Yeah I guess, I wonder how many more people cancelled their pre-orders because of uncertainty in size comfortability and why they pre-ordered in the first place.

Would be interesting to find out. Even so, I would imagine all that does is bumps up the next person in line (rather than provides another guy lucky enough to log on at the right time a launch day unit). I could be wrong... Apple's pre-order website was handled pretty poorly.

ninaco

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2012
VA
My car has Bluetooth, so my phone stays in my purse. That way there's no temptation to look at the screen while driving. Six Plus will be just fine in my car.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
I have been using a ProClip device to hold my phone in my van, have been since i first bought the 4. it is a two peice system, one is the mount that connects to your car and the other peice holds your phone. So i had to change out the second peice when i upgradded to my 5 and i am on the mailing list at ProClip for when they have a holder for the 6/6+ ready. really a great mount for you car check them out.

http://www.proclipusa.com/home.aspx...oclipusa&utm_term=proclipusaexact-proclip for

phobic99

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
That's pretty nice if it holds it well. Could make looking at the maps while using GPS a lot easier than on the 5S.

I have the smaller Kenu and have been using it a few months. It's easily the best car mount I've ever used. Once you get it in a good position in your air vents, the phone is pretty solid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.