Concerned Citizens Demand Removal of Offensive Statue

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Zenithal macrumors 68040

While I don't think living Presidents are worthy of having a statue, I'll wait until nationwide outcry has occurred and not the special snowflake MAGA twats.

2. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

found that bit ironic.

3. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

4. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

I demand the removal of these racist statues:

[​IMG]

5. BoxerGT2.5, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017

BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

People need to stop judging people on a single issue. Look at ones entire story. ****, FDR rounded up Japanese people and threw them in internment camps, yet there his monument stands.

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

7. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

ALL of congress needs to go.

8. samcraig macrumors P6

Wondering when people will start trying to remove "Trump" from buildings/etc...

9. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I hear he is too heavy and squirms too much.

10. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Can't accuse one side of doing something and then do the same and expect not to be called out on your bull. That's how life works. It's unfortunate that there are some easily offended Dems, but just as that, there's a lot of whiny twits on the GOP side.

11. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

Just couldn't find a picture of all of them, really quickly.:D

12. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Who's the nutter wearing what looks like a bedazzled cowboy hat?

13. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

exactly why it was ironic, "look at those snowflakes" , "well this offends me so take it down" :p

14. Zenithal macrumors 68040

I'll say this though. Older Republicans who are actually sane, aren't bad to talk to. Same with Dems. It's the young people who are really weird. Unfortunately, our side tends to have a lot of young stupid people with the occasional harlot for Jesus thrown in for good measure.

15. samcraig macrumors P6

16. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Ted Nugent?

17. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

That already started.
    I recall one of his Trump branded apartment complexes in NYC demanded the name be removed shortly after he was elected.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...apartment-buildings-after-residents-demand-it

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-buildings-remove-president-elect/story?id=43579051

Chicago got in on the act as well.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...et-signs-removed-met-1207-20161206-story.html

18. Zenithal macrumors 68040

I don't pay attention to white trash. Can't say.

19. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

While a debatable point, not even close to equivalent.
    The South was defending something not much better than what the Nazi's did (everything short of mass extermination. Some would even say death is preferred to endless suffering).

FDR's internment was spurred by mass fear (that may have prevented retribution and racist murders) and bit of racism, but not strip identity, forced into hard labor with no food, and extermination. In the end they where freed (although with little re-compensation). Yes it was wrong, but not horrific.

What I do hate is all the taking things out of context and/or ignoring the details, this is almost equivalent to lying! (and it seem hard right is very skilled at such unethical, deceptive comments)

20. kobalap macrumors 6502

Last I checked, neither Clinton nor FDR (or Thomas Jefferson and George Washington for that matter) led an insurrection against the United States. Neither committed treason against their country. Whereas all your confederate heros did. And as much as you try to dress it up, the Confederate cause was their right to hold people bondage.

In your defense, you are not the only ones who feel the way you do. I mean, there are these people:
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/kkk-leader-threatens-apos-burn-211000053.html

21. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

22. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

ROFLcargoships.

who said a picture is worth thousand words. Ten words and I spilled a whole cup of coffee.

23. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

8/10 people would consider slavery this countries biggest sin, Jefferson and Washington weren't innocent bystanders in that. FDR rounded up people and jailed them for the color of their skin. We have statues and buildings named after the former Grand Kleagle with the Ku Klux Klan (democrat Robert Byrd), someone who Hillary Clinton called her "mentor". I have no problem taking down statues, if you want to wipe our history books clean have at it, but lets not be so selective about it. Be consistent in your outrage.

24. jerwin macrumors 65816

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...tel-toronto-canada-six-million-to-remove-name