Condition of Your iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmo1116, Jul 10, 2012.

1. jmo1116 macrumors regular

I was curious to see what kind of condition everyone's iPhone is in? Many, like myself, are still sporting the 4 and I'm relatively happy with the couple of nicks on the corner of my phone. Anyone still have a perfect condition iPhone? Anyone's phone on its last leg? Thought it'd be cool to see the various phones/conditions while we await the new iPhone!

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

I've had a CDMA iPhone 4 since launch and I've managed to keep it near mint condition. I use a case and lucky labs wraps, hopefully that will allow for a quick sale in Oct :D

3. chokem macrumors 6502

I preordered my 4S, and it arrived the day before official launch at AT&T. Mine is still flawless, and I've had it in a case the minute I unboxed it. I plan on selling it when my i5 arrives, whenever that will be.

4. AutomaticHaze macrumors regular

My iPhone 4 is definitely on it's last legs. The lock button just got stuck one day, it now takes a lot of pressure to lock the phone. The volume up and down as well as the silent switch no longer work. I've had to resort to SBSettings to control my volume.

I've had the phone since launch day and it has been through a ton. From a waitress pouring water all over it, to countless drops. But, hey it is still working like a champ for now! Knock on wood. :p

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

6. moonman239 macrumors 68000

Ouch. You're lucky your phone's still working!

7. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

iphone 4s since launch day and naked, have just one 'scratch' on the phone sensor itself, other than that, it's in really great shape. I take care of my Apple products very well.

8. rbrian macrumors 6502a

rbrian

I bought a 4s on launch day. Since then I dropped it off a desk and smashed the back glass. The apple store replaced the glass for a quite reasonable £25. I bought a case then (an InCase birds nest). That didn't stop me getting some small scratches on the front glass. My 3GS looked in better condition when it was two years old!

My new iPad has a fresh dent in one corner too, after falling off a bench. I really ought to get a case for it, but I don't like making thin things fat!

9. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Mine fell off a nightstand once or twice, got a nick or two because of that. A scratch on the back Apple too, nothing too bad.

10. nfl46 macrumors 603

Like-new condition. I keep a skin on my iPhone and case. I would never walk around outside with a naked iPhone...only at home around carpet.

11. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

this. I never put a case on my phone and I have applecare+ with 2 replacements still available....which will be huge in resell.

12. BrokeTechLover macrumors regular

My iPhone 4 is in perfect condition,from front to back:)

... But I have a couple scars myself from diving to save it a few times:/

13. vonWachtstain macrumors regular

Same. LOL

My 4S: Zagg shield on the back, regular cheap screen protector on front. All encased in Switcheasy Rebel. Dropped it 4 times. Not a scratch.

14. Wediafom macrumors member

I have an iPhone 3GS. Believe it or not, it's still in mint condition. I have had it for a little more than 3 years now. Very small unnoticeable scratch in the back lower corner. It functions very well except the home button sometimes needs a little push other than that it's great. Oh, I never used a case or screen protector at all:D

15. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

My 4s is like new, never dropped it and i use my headphones for everything while i am out.

16. iHelios, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012

iHelios macrumors member

My 3GS is in really good shape but the Otterbox it's in has been through hell.

17. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

I got my 4 on release day and it still looked brand new when Squaretrade replaced it this week.
    I must have dropped it 4-5 times but every time it was in a hard case that prevented any external damage. Internal damage, however, must be a different story because after the last drop I would get No SIM Card Inserted errors every 2-3 hours even though I kept reseating the SIM and even had the SIM replaced.

18. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Original iPhone 4 got replaced with a refurbished unit due to the home button working when it wanted to. Phone has been flawless since then. *knocks on wood* :eek:

19. faroZ06 macrumors 68040

faroZ06

My iPhone 1 was in pretty good condition (very bottom of screen sometimes didn't respond to taps) until I went on a bike ride with it in my pocket. The screen is somewhat messed up now, but it's still useable. It's pretty annoying because I had that thing covered in duct tape to keep it safe, but it got messed up from shaking.

As for the iPhone 4, which is not an old phone at all, all I have is a small nick on the front and a somewhat weakened battery; both of those were my mom's fault.

20. hasa619 macrumors newbie

hasa619

I'm terrible with apple products.
    Everything apple I have breaks
    ATM I have an iPhone 4s which is completely destroyed not even bothering to fix because I have fixed this phone a number of times!

21. utahman130 macrumors 6502a

utahman130

My 3GS had a crack the exposed the circuit board and ran down about half of the screen. Got new screen yesterday after holding off for about 3 months :D

22. AppleBoyFreak macrumors 6502

I got my iPhone 4S the day of launch and there isn't a single scratch or mark anywhere on it except for the inevitable dust/lent in the speaker grill and microphone on the bottom. Funny thing is when the iPhone 5 comes out I'm giving my mom my 4S and she is wreckless with her iPhones so I don't know why I keep it in perfect condition. :cool:

23. rican macrumors 6502

rican

iPhone 4 - from 2nd week of release date. Still mint condition pretty much, a few usage scuffs, nothing majorly noticeable.

24. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Perfect condition.

Case and screen protectors are a must.

25. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

My 4's two and a bit years old, but I've tried to keep it in as good condition as possible. Front/back are flawless, however the antenna band has a couple of marks on it from using a bumper.