Confessions of a Trump voter.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by DearthnVader, Nov 13, 2016.

1. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

I'm registered as an Independent/Unaffiliated, tho I'm a JFK Democrat. The first election I was able to vote in was the 1992 election and I voted for H.Ross Perot. Perot was not a politician and he broke out the pie charts and explained what his policies would be and why. I understood that, he was against NAFTA and so was I, and we have both been proven right.

I voted for him again in 1996, but then I haven't voted since then, until I voted for Trump. I don't think Bill Clinton was a bad President, I understand the need for trade deals and how a raising tide should lift all boats, that is to say, we help the economy of the nations we trade with grow, and they will be able to afford the products and services we sell at a later date. I just think that time has come, China has a middle class that is larger than the entire US population. It's time to renegotiate our trade deals to seek a balance of trade.

I don't think President Obama was/is a bad President, I think he was put in a bad situation when he came to office, and he did as well as anyone could have done, given the circumstances. I think much of the things he wanted to do, that may have helped America were blocked and he was never really given a fair shake after the 2010 mid-terms.

While I admit I've moved further to the Right on social issues as I've gotten older, I don't think anyone should seek to over turn Roe Vs. Wade, or gay marriage. However I have always been a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment, and will not vote for anyone that seeks to "infringe" on the Right of the People to keep and bear arms.

Democrats are going to have to take a long hard look at some of their policy positions before I can support them. On trade, on the Second Amendment, and on a balanced Federal Budget.

2. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

That's nice, but I was expecting an explanation on why you voted for Trump, not about Perot or Obama (which you didn't even vote then).

3. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I think most people voted Trump because he wasn't Pig Hillary Clinton.

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

He did.

B

5. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

I'm a life long Republican and my family has been a Republican since Ripon, Wisconsin. I didn't vote for Trump, but I didn't have too because Hillary was going to win my State by a landslide anyway. That said, I'm done with the Clintons, and have been done with them since 1992. Since their involvement in politics, it's been outright nasty. Bill and his extracurricular activities made a mockery of the White House and the notion we would let his lying vendictive and narcissistic wife be President was utterly repulsive to me. For that I thank those who voted to keep her out.

There may be a chauvinist pig in the White House, but he will be forgotten in time as there have been many. Hillary being the first woman President would never be forgotten, and it would be unfortunate if for the end of time we told our little girls they could grow up and be just like her. She's no role model.

6. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Sure, you can extrapolate that not liking one = voting for the other. But that does not mean its the reason for voting Trump. I wanted to read a "confession"

7. DearthnVader thread starter macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

That was a few confessions, that I haven't voted since 1996, that my politics are more in line with a JFK Democrat than I would care to admit, and I would vote Democrat if they would rethink their positions on trade, the second amendment, and a balanced budget.

I will also add that I am a simple man, with an 8th grade education, I like candidates that can relate to that.

8. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

You write very well for an 8th Grade education. Much better then some people with degrees. :)

9. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

pig hillary verses bully racist woman hater trump?

10. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

You guys really are in denial about how people view the Clintons outside the liberal bubbles. It's why there is so much widespread shock about the outcome inside the bubble.

11. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

your in denial how people view trump. but this was just a post about the stupid pig comment. but I know it is ok to insult Clinton but not trump.

12. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

I don't care how people inside the liberal bubble view anything. The real world exists outside said bubble. Keep up you're thinking on things though. I'm all for a couple of decades of conservative leadership and your thinking process will guarantee it.

13. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

After all of these years being called a gun nut, bigoted white male, and every other Liberal hashtag. I don't care.

14. samcraig macrumors P6

Denial? As opposed to completely ignoring who Trump is? Ok.

From many I've seen - people voted for Trump in spite of everything he said or did. They were willing to ignore a lot which they didn't like or agree with.

There are a lot of reasons people are shocked about the outcome of the election. Even a lot of members of the right thought it was a lost cause - so let's not pretend it is or was just the left

15. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I didn't vote for Trump and I can't say I'm happy he won. However, I'm happy that Hillary lost. Both the Clintons and the Bushs hung around way too long.

16. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

If you're going to phrase it like that then it's "pig thriving criminal heartless lying racist Hillary vs bully racist women hater trump"

17. Herdfan macrumors 6502

Well said.

Actually I think the reverse of what @Snoopy4 said is also true. Inside the liberal bubble Trump was the litany of terms like homophobe, xenophobe, misogynistic, racist etc. But outside among the people, he was a hero willing to stand up for them.

The Economist put it succinctly:

The Media (liberals) took what Trump said literally, but did not take him seriously,
    The voters took him seriously, but not what he said literally.

I added the word in ().
    --- Post Merged, Nov 13, 2016 ---
    Surprised, not shocked. I thought he might garner a lot of support from workers in the rust belt. Didn't think it would be enough though.

18. steve knight, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016

steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

why would you be called those what did you do?
    --- Post Merged, Nov 13, 2016 ---
    either way is that a good thing? a president that talks crap but does not stand by what he says? so the right thinks he is a blowhard and a Hypocrite?

19. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

cool, its just since it had Trump in the title I was expecting a more retrospective analysis on the trump support.

20. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

21. DearthnVader thread starter macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

I need to add this to my signature.

22. Meister Suspended

Meister

Agreed.

We have to give the democrats credit for handing us this election on a silver plater.

I heard they are grooming Tim Kaine as their nominee for 2020.
    An excellent choice :D

23. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

74% of Americans accept the election, though .. it's a poll so we all know how those work ;):p

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/74-c...e-vast-partisan-divide-poll/story?id=43491609

Also,
    Exact same thing can be said about Hillary and her supporters. I wouldn't doubt for a second, just like I wouldn't doubt there are ignorant Trump voters (*cough* KKK *cough*), who voted for Hillary because she was a woman and we "need" a woman president because it's the first time someone made it this far.

Everything Trump said and did was infinitely covered by the media, but the same media wouldn't dig into Hillary's past because she's apparently had a perfect past with zero mistakes. For example, when Trump mocked the disabled reporter, the media covered it like crazy. But it's impossible to get an accurate conclusion because Trump's previous interviews and speeches showed he has weird control over his hands and face. I'm not justifying his behavior though, it's another one of Trump's antics that I'm not a fan of. But the media ran and highlighted this like crazy.

Disclaimer: I'm not stating that people who voted Hillary simply because she was a woman are equal to the KKK. I'm giving examples of ignorance on both sides.

24. DearthnVader thread starter macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

Thanks, what I write is sometimes adequate, spell check helps. I was mostly home schooled, I did get My G.E.D. when I was 16.

25. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Yeah that racist woman hater who had a woman as his campaign manager and BTW was the first woman to win a presidential election as campaign manager. Such a woman hater.