Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bunch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2008
Yeah I use to be one of this guys to would give no credit to the IPHONE, I had been with RIM for the better part of my last 4 years and when at first the 1st gen of IPHONE was launched it absolutely got ZERO interest from my part.

I saw the IPHONE as a gimmick for teens that had nothing else to do but to ask their parents to buy them an expensive worthless phone. I wouldnt even bother to walk into an Apple Store to check it out. Now that I come to think about it I think that I did that out of just getting completely overwhelmed buy the phone....BASICALLY I WAS BEING A HATER!!! YES I ADMIT THAT NOW!

How did I came to switch? Well been in the military and with the mandatory moves brings good opportunities to end all kinds of contracts without paying cancellation fees, cellphones included, and since tmobile doesnt serve the place that Im moving, I started to research the newest phones out there and I finally give my self a chance to explore the IPHONE.

Needless to say that I was blownaway in seconds... mostly because I have held Blackberry in such a high pedestal that I wouldnt have imagine that this phone was capable of so much. Now that I have been using the phone for an outstanding 3 days I have come to realize what a fool I was on my hater days.

Just a story that I want it to share... if it deems worthless please do what you wish with it.

soberbrain

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

Welcome! Glad to hear your enjoying your new iPhone.

RobLikesBrunch

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2008
Congratulations. I'm getting one soon as well. I compared my Uncle's iPhone to the my Dad's Blackberry...and it's just so much better....except for the keyboard obviously :p

Also, it's "iPhone"...people tend to have difficulty when spelling Apple's products :confused:

apockalipse

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2008
I have had a blackberry for years and currently have both. For business use (mostly email/exchange server and texting) its tough to beat the blackberry. For everything else, iphone kicks the bb's butt! Browsing is far superior. Games are far superior. Multimedia is far superior. The iphone is just plain more fun. I'm not a huge text messager and now that the iphone has exchange support, I would definitely recommend it over bb (with the current bb lineup) if I had to choose. The only thing with exchange for iphone is that you have to be willing to use it for business and personal because personal calendar/contacts will be overwritten once you add exchange support.

Bunch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2008
I have had a blackberry for years and currently have both. For business use (mostly email/exchange server and texting) its tough to beat the blackberry.

I can see how for business BB would still be the way to go BUT I just think thats sentiment is going to change overtime. Although I admit that I didnt use my BB for business related purposes I still do think that with all the capabilities that the IPHONE currently has and the things that could be brought in the future the IPHONE takeover is just a matter of time.

apockalipse

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2008
I can see how for business BB would still be the way to go BUT I just think thats sentiment is going to change overtime. Although I admit that I didnt use my BB for business related purposes I still do think that with all the capabilities that the IPHONE currently has and the things that could be brought in the future the IPHONE takeover is just a matter of time.

I won't argue that that is a definite possiblity. Like I said, if you could only go with one or the other, personally I would say go for the iphone.

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008
Congratulations. I'm getting one soon as well. I compared my Uncle's iPhone to the my Dad's Blackberry...and it's just so much better....except for the keyboard obviously :p

Also, it's "iPhone"...people tend to have difficulty when spelling Apple's products :confused:

after a week or 2 the keyboard on the iPhone finally begins to shine...
its far superior to anything else
my dads BB feels clunky compared to my iPhone
the software on the phone knows exactly what your trying to type, almost every time
and, it LEARNS
if it tries to replace something with a correction, and you tell it no a few times, it stops making that correction, and eventually will help correct that word it didnt even recognize as existing when it was brand new if you happen to type it wrong

and now, after a year of iPhone use, i can also no look type
on a TOUCHSCREEN phone

jecapaga

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2007
Southern California
after a week or 2 the keyboard on the iPhone finally begins to shine...
its far superior to anything else
my dads BB feels clunky compared to my iPhone
the software on the phone knows exactly what your trying to type, almost every time
and, it LEARNS
if it tries to replace something with a correction, and you tell it no a few times, it stops making that correction, and eventually will help correct that word it didnt even recognize as existing when it was brand new if you happen to type it wrong

and now, after a year of iPhone use, i can also no look type
on a TOUCHSCREEN phone

You have skills. How you type without looking is impressive. Can't imagine how you can do that really. Good for you though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.