Conficting info on pre order charge of debt/cc

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by kcjohn, Apr 6, 2015.

1. kcjohn, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015

kcjohn macrumors member

kcjohn

Hi, I've searched all over apple.com and these forums and I can't find a clear answer. Can I preorder on Friday morning without having all of the funds available and the final amount gets charged when it ships? Thanks for your time.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Apple puts a hold on your funds, so if you don't have the $$, then it may fail, especially if you use a debit card

3. Gooberton macrumors 65816

I'm confused by the question , not being sarcastic. You wanna know if you can buy the watch with say ... 450.00 in your account but it cost 599,00? Why would you could you be able to?? They will charge it, it will get declined and you will get an email saying there's a problem with your card. Preorder canceled

4. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

No, they're asking if you can preorder without the sufficient funds in the account then add funds later before it ships (aka when it charges).

Answer is no. Apple puts a hold for the funds almost immediately from my past experiences. You wouldn't want to do this anyway because it could ship at any time and just be marked as undeliverable until the 24th by the carrier. I have had this happen before too.

5. AFDoc macrumors 68030

None of my business but if you can't cover it when you order it is it really something you should be buying?

6. kcjohn thread starter macrumors member

kcjohn

You're right it's none of your business. I'm just here asking a question about the pre-order not for life advice. Thanks for those who answered.

7. Lizardo90 macrumors member

Using Paypal Funds

A bit off topic but i was wondering if apple will let us use Paypal to checkout at the end for the apple watch Pre-Order?

8. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

From the way I've understood it,and I may be wrong. I think if you pre-order on-line for in-store pickup,it just "reserves" the watch you want. From there you go in-store at your appointment time,try the watch on and if you like it THEN you'll pay and apple will place a hold on the funds. Once you watch comes on the 24th and you pick it up,the funds will be deducted.

Now if you order on-line for home delivery, then at that moment they'll place a hold on the funds immediately.

I could be wrong,but that's my understanding.

9. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Not sure,but I wouldn't risk it. I have a few hundred dollars in my PayPal and I'm transferring it to my bank account now. It'll take 3 business days to get there though.

10. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

IIRC, they do not accept paypal as a form of payment. You can go to the apple store now and do a "dummy" purchase. If paypal is not a choice, it probably will not randomly become one on Friday.

11. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

If by "funds" you mean actual cash in hand

No if you are using a debit card. Yes is you are using a credit card AND your credit limit exceeds purchase amount.

12. Lizardo90 macrumors member

It seems like they accept Paypal as a financing option.