Confidential Manual reveals Apple store secrets.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhonelover72, Jun 20, 2011.

1. iPhonelover72 macrumors newbie

iPhonelover72

Well I wouldn't call em secrets, more like facts.

2. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Woah! Those 'Secrets' are sooooooo revealing! :rolleyes:

3. crazytiger86 macrumors 6502

Its free to walk into an Apple store.
    It costs at least $99 to walk into a Walt Disney Co. theme park.

So yeah, more people would visit it.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Not to mention they are everywhere. Not just in California and Florida :rolleyes:

Oh, I love this:
    "Your job is to understand all of your customers’ needs—some of which they may not even realize they have”

While this might be completely true, it sounds funny because they said "your job is not to sell stuff" which in my opinion, is close enough. :D

5. Krevnik macrumors 68040

Krevnik

Well, of course their job is to sell stuff. But I think the distinction is meant to be a somewhat subtle one. Some might read this and think, "Help them discover the problems we can help them solve." Where some might read this an think "Find out what they are trying to do, or their annoyances, and how you can help make them less annoying, be it via advice, or recommending a product."

If you push to create a no-pressure environment, you get less buyer's remorse, and your customers will trust your employees more when advice is offered. On top of that, if the employee behaves this way, the customer is more likely to feel like a respected customer who is smart enough to decide what product fits them. That all builds up a customer/employee relationship which feels less one-sided and generates more repeat business.

Hell, the brands I recommend are usually based on 2 things: the quality of the experience, and the quality of the customer service. When everything is made in the same factory in China, it really boils down to who can polish the experience and feature set more, and who will do what they can to keep me happy before, during, and after the purchase.

6. nutflix macrumors newbie

nutflix

Bump

Hello everyone,

I have been using Apple-products every day for about three years now, and it has has certainly been a pleasure.

During these two years I have just as many others proberly, got more and more intrested about Apple as a company and there corporate-culture. However, it is not very easy to find more than just things that are suited to the "customers".

To make a long question short, is the training manual out in the wild? (I just found fragments) Can it be found?

Are there other documents out there that provide additional insight into Apple's training?

Thanks in advice!
    Have a further good weekend everyone

Attached Files:

7. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

And its better.