confused about a device to buy but don't know which one, I need Advice

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ebanafea, Nov 10, 2015.

1. ebanafea macrumors newbie

Nov 9, 2015

I would like to tell you everything about my problem and need advice from you guys.

I need a TV Tuner for my Mac mini and I looked in internet i found a lot ( Slingbox 500, HDHomeRun EXTEND and AverMedia TV .. etc )

I own EyeTV Sat Free, its working perfectly with me, but I want to play 2 channels in the same time and EyeTV Sat Free doesn't support that. I hook it up with Satellite cable and i contacted Elgato support they told me it doesn't support 2 channels in the same time.

I want to know, which one can be playing 2 channels in the same time. I prefer an application for the device not a webpage.

One more question, Is there any device that support a card slot for networks whom using their own receivers like ( beIN networks ), they are using own set top box to view their channels. Its difficult for me to buy another subscription and another box for my office.

I really need advice for whom tried these kind of Tuners and I will be thankful
  2. ColdCase macrumors 68030

Feb 10, 2008
    Are you located in USA, Canada, Europe... makes a big difference?

I use a couple HD HomeRuns for US OTA broadcasts. Each has two tuners so I can view/record four channels at a time. That may be irrelevant for your case, however.
  3. ebanafea thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 9, 2015
    Im located in the Middle East, Saudi Arabia .. and we use here Satellite dish for the set top box.

I used EyeTV Sat Free and its working perfectly but i want a device that support playing 2 or more than 1 channel in the same time.

I looked for HDHomeRun EXTEND and will that work with the satellite cables perfectly ?

Thanks for dropping by ..