Confused

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vernod, Dec 13, 2011.

1. vernod macrumors newbie

Hi,

Just bought a new iMac and now need to buy a new smartphone. I normally use google for everything (email, calendar, contacts) and it was no problem syncing with my nokia.

Syncing the calendar is no problem, but I'm not sure whether the iphone can sync in the manner that I need or if I should buy android instead. Basically, I have all my contacts in groups (work, family, medical, etc.) and I like to see these groups on my phone as well since I dont always remember the name of a particular person (but I do know which group to look in). The iphone cannot sync groups with gmail contacts. But does the android? If so, then its best to get the android.

I thought by buying an imac, and an iphone, all would be well. But it seems more tedious than before!

2. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

3. vernod thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank - the review was very nice.

But apart from saying that android syncs better with google, it still doesn't answer whether iphone or android sync the google groups in contacts...

4. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I would post that question in that thread is why I linked you to it. That way you can check this thread as well as that one. You got both covered. Your subject title, Confused, may not draw attention. ;)