Congress gets DOJ inspector general’s critical report on FBI’s McCabe

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Apr 13, 2018.

1. JayMysterio, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018

JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

I still find it fascinating that a man with a very extensive history of lying, so often calls others without a 1/10th of that history of lying, ...liars. o_O

2. Night Spring, Apr 13, 2018
  3. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

4. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

His generals craft the strategy, he just chooses which option he wants them to execute.

6. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

And if he tells them he wants to bomb Syria, they come up with a plan to bomb Syria. And since he already announced on Twitter that we’re going to bomb Syria, that’s the likely plan. Why aren’t you embarrassed to defend this clown?

7. JayMysterio, Apr 13, 2018

JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Even if that conclusion is correct, he was entitled to a full defense, which he was deprived of because Trump was hell bent on firing him before his retirement date. See his attorney's statement I linked to above.

9. raqball macrumors 68000

That's not how it works and it was not Trump who got him fired..

The feds (FBI, DEA, ATF ect) take lying by an Agent very seriously and it's the one of the things that will get you fired instantly, no questions asked. If you are upset with someone for his firing then it should be with the IG and the FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility who came to the same conclusion as the IG..

10. juanm, Apr 13, 2018

juanm macrumors 68000

juanm

“DOJ just issued the McCabe report - which is a total disaster.
    He LIED! LIED! LIED!

McCabe was totally controlled by Comey McCabe is Comey!!
    No collusion, all made up by this den of thieves and lowlifes!”

Clearly the words of a very stable and innocent genius.

11. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

You can always rely on Trump perfectly describing himself or his administration when tweeting out another insult.

(And that's just from this week's tweets...)

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

See, for instance:
    The decision for McCabe's firing took place over a matter of weeks. Clearly rushed, compared to how long such cases usually take.

13. raqball macrumors 68000

Sorry, I base my thoughts on actual facts and experience and not on a opinion piece. You are free to believe what you choose but what I said previously stands true..

Some discipline cases take longer than others sure. Some are more complex than others sure. Some are dragged out waiting on this that or the other sure. Some are handled even faster than his was.

14. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

What does “entitled to a full defense” mean? The IG and FBI looked at McCabe and recommended termination.

15. raqball macrumors 68000

Yeah it's not a criminal matter it's an internal disciplinary matter.. He does get to defend himself however, just not at the level the other person may be thinking he does.

16. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I really hope something as serious as getting fired is never handled at such a fast speed as McCabe's case was. As his lawyer says in the statement I linked to, they didn't have enough time to formulate a full response. Given the seriousness of the consequences, including loss of significant pension, I do think as a matter of common sense, McCabe should have had more time to prepare and present a defense. If it is really the case that this kind of rapid firing is common practice at the FBI, then a serious revamping of procedure is in order.

17. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

The investigation into McCabe started August 31, 2017.

18. raqball macrumors 68000

Would you expect a different response form his personal lawyer?

You need to look at when the investigation into him started. I believe it was months ago by both the IG and the OPR.

The bottom line is 2 separate entities concluded he was a liar and a leaker and they both came to the same conclusion. Do you think the IG acted to protect Trump? Do you think the FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility acted to protect Trump?

If one or the other had come to a different conclusion then I'd probably agree with you, but they didn't...

19. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

We don't have to rely on reports. He said during the campaign that he knows more than the generals.

20. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Only Trump's Den of Thieves and Lowlifes has the golden Trump sign on the hideout.

21. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

That's when the investigation started, sure. But a finding wasn't issued until February of this year, and McCabe's lawyer didn't receive the underlying materials that led to the finding until March 9. McCabe was fired March 16. His lawyer thinks they should have had more time to review the material, and I agree.

22. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

This is just the beginning with nut job McCabe... everyone that donated to his defence fund deserves this truth bomb.

nut job Comey thinks his book is going to protect himself from what's coming on him from the IG next.

buckle up folks... this is gonna be epic.

23. raqball macrumors 68000

They both will more than likely have criminal / legal issues at some point, no doubt.