Congress Investigating Obama Admin Deception on Iran Nuke Deal

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thewap, Apr 6, 2016.

1. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

I can just imagine what Trump will say in his next rally or interview, since he has been railing against the Iran deal for months.

quoted from article;
    Congress is investigating whether the Obama administration misled lawmakers last summer about the extent of concessions granted to Iran under the nuclear deal, as well as if administration officials have been quietly rewriting the deal’s terms in the aftermath of the agreement, according to sources and a formal notice sent to the State Department.

The concerns come after statements from top officials last week suggesting that Iran is set to receive greater weapons and sanctions relief, moves that the administration had promised Congress would never take place as White House officials promoted the deal last summer.

“When multiple officials—including Secretary Kerry, Secretary Lew, and Ambassador Mull—testify in front of Members of Congress, we are inclined to believe them,” Rep. Mike Pompeo (R., Kan.) told the Washington Free Beacon.

“However, the gap between their promises on the Iran nuclear deal and today’s scary reality continues to widen. We are now trying to determine whether this was intentional deception on the part of the administration or new levels of disturbing acquiescence to the Iranians,” Pompeo said.

http://freebeacon.com/national-secu...ail&utm_term=0_b5e6e0e9ea-10dd8d87c5-45951277

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

congress who could not investigate Humpty Dumpty and work out the details even after 50 attempts.

3. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

got to agree there, most of congress should be in jail.

4. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

I agree that congress will do nothing about it as usual, they are just posing to pretend that they are actually enforcing oversight - while they do their dirty deals in secret away from the public's eye.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I guess they've come to the realization that Benghazi and emails are going nowhere (like most of the **** they make up about Hillary. Yes, she sucks and is corrupt.) and they need something new to try and hang around her neck.

6. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Haha.

This Congress "investigating" anything has to be one of the biggest jokes around.

7. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

well it is more important then getting judges appointed. it is like children that always squealing on someone else so they can feel good about themselves.

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I wish they would investigate the bills before they pass them.

9. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

that would take too much time away from worthless investigations.

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

This is the same Congress that investigated Planned Parenthood too, and Benghazi five times, so color me skeptical that this is anything other than politically motivated abuse of power, for now.

11. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

but we have to pass them to see what's in them.............

12. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Hey guys! Remember that thing that we and a bunch of our allies were doing that we scrutinized to a T while it was going on, then wrote a couple nasty letters to a foreign nation's leader behind our president's back over? Yeah! That's right! Let's say we missed something, and spin it in such a way that it looks like it's Obama screwed up again! I SMELL ANOTHER 20 INVESTIGATION PUBLICITY STUNT!

13. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Well they are in a lock box.

14. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I thought they investigated Benghazi 9 times.

15. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I might have missed a few. Their track record of producing anything other than salacious headlines and FOXNews face time out of an investigation is pretty slim.

16. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Most of them would still have trouble finding the city on a map.

17. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

It's in the Middle East somewhere, isn't it?
    --- Post Merged, Apr 6, 2016 ---
    It'll sway some voters for sure. It's all a political mindshare game.

18. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I can only pray that Darrel "Gone In 60 Seconds" Issa or Trey Gowdy is given the lead role in heading up this "investigation".

19. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

How many years have to pass until we stop throwing out ******** out of context?

20. FieldingMellish Suspended

Unneeded. Hillary appears to regularly hang stuff around her own neck.

21. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

They should investigate their ****ing job descriptions. Then start following them.