Congressional Reform?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by ravenvii, Dec 2, 2011.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I got this via chain email (I know, I know);

Ignoring the fact that it's a chain email, does this concept have merit?

Discuss.

2. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

On the other hand, the most recent of those amendments took 203 years. :)

4. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Why would any sitting member of congress vote for this?

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Bought Off Congress is the problem, not the solution to any of our problems. I would like to see Ron Paul voted in because he would do what these scoundrels will not like Restore the meaning of the Constitution of the United States first of all. Freedom & Liberty. Remember the Constitution was made to protect us from them! meaning government.
    The senate is nothing but a bunch of bought off life long crooks.
    This has merit but remember these guys have to much power, it would never pass because they wouldnt let it. solution? vote in Ron Paul.

6. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

If this were to happen, how long do you think he would last, before someone did a "Texas Book Depository" on him?

7. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Its easier to vote in one man for president then a new den of thieves for congress. thats my reasoning. I like Ron's idea of stop playing world cop, stop playing nanny state and stop the police state that is in a endless search of ways to create new criminals. We are loosing everything the Constitution gave us.

8. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

I know the people on here mock and dismiss Ayn Rand, there's one part of Atlas Shrugged that rings true; a scene in Atlas Shrugged between Rearden and a government man in Rearden's office; the government man (forgot his name) spoke of how the government creates criminals to exercise control. How eventually everyone will be criminals, and when the government wants you out of the picture, they simply take you out of the picture. You're a criminal.

9. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

You know what would really make that ring true? If after the government man made that statement, Rearden handed him a suitcase full of hundred dollar bills and told him exactly who to take out of the picture. From a government official to a rich man that isn't a threat. It's an offer.