Congressman Steve King: world population wouldn’t exist if not for rape and incest

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Aug 14, 2019 at 2:10 PM.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

U.S. Rep. Steve King on Wednesday defended his call for a ban on all abortions by questioning whether "there would be any population of the world left" if not for births due to rape and incest.

Speaking before a conservative group in the Des Moines suburb of Urbandale, the Iowa congressman reviewed legislation he has sought that would outlaw abortions without exceptions for rape and incest. King justified the lack of exceptions by questioning how many people would be alive if not for those conceived through rapes and incest.

"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?" King asked, according to The Des Moines Register, which covered the event. "Considering all the wars and all the rapes and pillages that happened throughout all these different nations, I know that I can't say that I was not a part of a product of that."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wir...t-exceptions-64974051?cid=social_twitter_abcn

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1161705986068865024/pu/vid/720x720/1C94DW-iiVno71E8.mp4?tag=10

This guy is disgusting and needs to resign.

2. JayMysterio, Aug 14, 2019 at 2:17 PM
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 3:17 PM

JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

[​IMG]
    "Stay consistent my friend"

I don't know who is worse, this guy for being consistently horrible, or the people who keep re electing him.

3. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Donald Trump: "I want to see someone who is going to make our country great again, which is basically the same thing as Steve. [King is a] special guy, a smart person, with really the right views on almost everything."

4. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

The people who elect him for supporting him.

5. Huntn macrumors demi-god

Huntn

If this guy was not booed at this conference, I can really question what conservatism has become.

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

We know what conservatism has become. A cheerleader squad for the son of Satan.

7. Huntn macrumors demi-god

Huntn

E22A142C-8437-4470-86E9-1D84ECDA894D.jpeg

8. itsmemuffins macrumors 68040

itsmemuffins

How predictable :rolleyes:

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.van.../06/steve-king-donald-trump-air-force-one/amp

“That even Donald Trump, the most outspoken member of the Republican Party, opted not to acknowledge King’s existence may be the nail in the Iowa rep.’s coffin. Trump “is thanking a host of Iowa Republicans here in Des Moines, from the governor down to state legislators and county party chairs,” the *Daily Mail’*s David Martosko tweeted on Tuesday night at an event packed with more than 700 Republicans. “Everybody but the dogcatcher -- but not Rep. Steve King, who is here in the audience.”

9. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Trump abandoned King in 2019 when he became so toxic that the rest of the party abandoned him. But during the 2016 campaign, Trump was more than happy to kiss King’s ass and compliment him at every opportunity, at a time when King was every bit the racist he is today.

10. itsmemuffins macrumors 68040

itsmemuffins

Yet abandoned him he did…

11. appleisking macrumors 6502a

RESIGN TODAY. VOTERS, DO A RECALL TO GET BACK SOME SEMBLANCE OF DIGNITY FOR YOURSELVES.

12. Huntn macrumors demi-god

Huntn

So what is this from you, a message of support for Trump or something else?

13. itsmemuffins, Aug 15, 2019 at 6:12 AM
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019 at 7:13 AM

itsmemuffins macrumors 68040

itsmemuffins

I see the democrats haven’t abandoned Al Sharpton or Ilhan Omar ;)

14. Zenithal macrumors G3

15. Number-Six macrumors 6502

Number-Six

So is he speaking from experience?

Maybe his wife and kids should be offered support?

16. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

The real issue here is that this dimwit thinks it is his place to force a woman or child who has been raped to carry a pregnancy to term.

17. Huntn macrumors demi-god

Huntn

Your answer is to throw up a false equivalence? That’s predictable.

18. itsmemuffins macrumors 68040

itsmemuffins

So explain this false equivalence to me again?

19. Huntn macrumors demi-god

Huntn

I asked you was your statement in support of Trump, and you choose not to answer and instead post a false equivalence about Sharpton, then accuse me of a false equivalence, where all I’ve done is ask a simply question. Such gyrations to avoid answering. Deflect away, but you are not fooling anyone.

20. itsmemuffins macrumors 68040

itsmemuffins

So we are saying it’s a good thing that the Democrats embrace Al Sharpton an Ilhan Omar?

21. samcraig macrumors P6

We're saying your posts betray you and any semblance of an intellectual conversation.

22. itsmemuffins macrumors 68040

itsmemuffins

What do they betray me as? Someone who lives in the real world?

23. Huntn macrumors demi-god

Huntn

I'm not saying anything. I asked you a question which you refuse to answer.

24. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

It says that you are someone who lives in a world that would deflect answering difficult questions they don't care for, with other questions of false equivalence.

25. itsmemuffins macrumors 68040

itsmemuffins

I have answered all question to the best of my abilities. The question that still remains.

Why do the Democrats embrace Al Sharpton? Ilhan Omar? Rashida Tlaib? They have no problem with their racism.