Connect a Windows Printer to Mac through Parallels

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jluisdesigns, Jun 4, 2009.

1. jluisdesigns macrumors newbie

I have a MacPro and I installed Parallels on it to run Windows XP. Everything seems to work perfect but I was wondering if I can use my Windows printer (Canon MF3240) with Mac. I tried adding a printer through the System Preferences but when I go to the Windows Printers parts Mac doesn't have any drivers for this printer? Is there something I am doing wrong or is there any other way I can use the printer?

Thank you in advance to anyone who helps out.

Jose L. Torres

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

It looks like OS X doesn't include drivers for that model, but you may be able to download them from the manufacturer's website. It's not a "Windows printer" per se; since it's plugged into your computer you shouldn't need to be sharing with a Windows install.

3. jluisdesigns thread starter macrumors newbie

The manufacturers website (Canon) doesn't have anything for Mac with this printer. Right now I have the printer connected VIA USB but running through my Virtual Machine. Is there a way to make the printer work even if Canon doesn't have any drivers/files for this printer to use with Mac. I just switched over to Mac about 1 month ago so I'm still trying to get used to everything I apologize if I'm not getting it.

4. buzz4biz macrumors newbie

HP Color LaserJet CP1215 -no Mac driver

I have a great HP Color LaserJet CP1215 which to my horror I discovered has no MAC printer driver. Is there a way to install a windows driver using Parallels? I haven't yet installed Parallels, but I've ordered it and will be running XP and Leopard.