Connect iPhone to 04 Honda Accord (no aux port)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ECUpirate44, Apr 15, 2012.

1. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Hey guys, I was wondering if you had any solution to hook up an iPhone to a car without an aux port. I don't want to use an fm transmitter because they're awful. It doesn't have a tape player just cd player. I don't want to use a 3rd party stereo. Any suggestions would be great.

2. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

Your only option might be to replace the head unit with one that has a USB/AUX input. You can get one for about $100-125.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

In that case you might as well just replace the entire thing for the same price.

4. ECUpirate44 thread starter macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

5. xboxer75010 macrumors 6502

xboxer75010

6. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

Look up FM modulators. They go inline with the antenna.

7. takeshi74 macrumors 601

There are countless aftermarket iPhone/iPod interfaces and aux in adapters for factory stereos. The usual suspects are DICE, USA Spec, PIE, PAC Audio, etc. IIRC they all allow you to search for options that will work with your specific car. For the cost, though, I'd recommend just replacing the head unit -- as stated above -- with one that has the interfaces you want.

I'd suggest against using FM modulators unless you really don't care at all about sound quality. The ones that wire to antenna are generally better though if you have to go that route.

That is what "replacing the head unit" means.

8. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I use the iSimple connection in my Honda. Works great and you can use your already installed stereo to control your iPhone.