Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madmaclau

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2003
Hello. I got an odd problem here and hope that you guys can help.

I successfully connect my powerbook (Panther) to my pc (Win XP) through firewire, and I can connect to the Internet on my powerbook through the PC. However, some webpages such as mac.com cannot be loaded. Mail is unable to receive emails that have attachments from .Mac. Is there something wrong with my powerbook setting? If I connect the powerbook directly to the modem provided by the ISP, it works well and no such problems can be found. Can anyone help?

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
If only certain pages dont load, it could be an issue with some ports not being forwarded from the PC correctly though NAT. This would be consistent with Mail not working, as the PC probably also uses the same ports. However, im not completely sure why Mac.com wont load. Are you sure it just wasnt a temporary issue?

madmaclau

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2003
It's not a temporary issue cuz this problem exists for more than a week now. :( Is there anything I can do? I am new to Mac and is a rookie of comp stuff

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.