Connect to internet through HTC Mogul PPC-6800 - Windows Mobile Phone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by drew13drew, Nov 3, 2008.

1. drew13drew macrumors newbie

okay guys, I am stuck in my sprint plan for a couple of years. I am buying a iPod touch. Can I connect to my cell phone to use the internet?

I do this for my MacBook Pro when I cannot connect to wifi.

I can connect to the internet through bluetooth or a miniusb cable to my phone.

2. YodaEXE macrumors member

You might be able to, but only if you can get the phone to create a wireless network that you can then connect the iPod to. Otherwise, you're out of luck.

3. drew13drew thread starter macrumors newbie

hmmm... I can connect the phone over wifi. Do you know if there is a adaptor for the iPod touch to mini USB... I wonder if I could get that to work. Just throwing out ideas here.

4. drew13drew thread starter macrumors newbie

okay so as I think about this, I can buy a usb to mini usb cable and attach it to my doc cable. that will make the physical connection to my cell phone.. .now.. after I do that, any ideas on how to connect to the internet?

5. SmthCrmnl macrumors newbie

The easiest thing to do is get WMWifiRouter, what this does is make your wireless connection an AD HOC, and connect your touch that way

I believe it also has a option to use WIFI instead of your mobile connection, but i dont see why you would use it.

6. drew13drew thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks much! will try this... I also want to try and connect via usb if I can.

7. seeny macrumors regular

8. SmthCrmnl macrumors newbie

if your really looking for a USB source, try PDANET for Windows Mobile.