Connect to Itunes after almost every restart

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cihanalkan, Mar 20, 2012.

1. cihanalkan macrumors newbie

Hi guys...
    I have an Iphone4 and has ios 5 on it. After sometime of use and jailbreaking, my phone started having this weird habit of asking me to CONNECT TO ITUNES message after every restart. I started having this problem since 4.3.5 and i have upgraded my phone periodicly and now it is on IOS 5.1 and it is irritating and i solve this issue by hard resetting until it comes back to normal. it does it 80% of the time sometimes it doesnt ask me to connect to itunes. I have tried searching for threads on forums and as far as i am concerned no one has faced this issue before or even if did they didnt post it. Now i am thinking of taking the device back to warranty but the fact that it was jailbroken previously will effect on the warranty or not? can someone help ? Thank you in advance

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

3. cihanalkan thread starter macrumors newbie

no not at the moment

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Wow. I got nothing then. Have you tried a full restore? I realize that locks you out of untethered JB for the time being, but it may solve your problems.

5. cihanalkan thread starter macrumors newbie

bro i tried that not once only... setup as new iphone couple of times.... im really pissed off.

6. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

Try restoring on a different computer [ if available ], preferably with a fresh iTunes install. I remember this happening on my 3GS and restoring from a different PC fixed it!

Did lose the JB, but at least it worked fine!

7. cihanalkan thread starter macrumors newbie

i did what you said and i restarted my phone 3 times so far i have no problems but ill report if anything new happens and thank you man you saved a alot of trouble

8. youngsunnz macrumors regular

I'm having the same issue the only difference is my phone was never jailbroken and also its out of warranty. for me after it reaches about 70-80 percent it turns off or restarts and keeps doing it until i reconnect it to the outlet. I've restored it about 4 times to factory settings and nothing. Now my flash for the phones really messed up too it flashes about 5 times before the pictures even taken and they are so fast that the pictures come out distorted. This issue only happened after I upgraded to iOS 5.1....any solution will be very appreciated.

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Delete your ipsw files that iTunes has downloaded. Do another restore. This will prompt iTunes to download a fresh ipsw. Maybe the one you have now is corrupt in some way.

10. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

Glad I could be of some help! :)

11. cihanalkan thread starter macrumors newbie

i kept on restarting the phone M5RAHUL and for may be about 20 times it was ok and i thought i should try a hard reset (home and sleep button) and it gave me the same error. i have no idea what the problem could be and it is really annoying. the question is why would the phone think it needs to activate after restart and lets say it lost configuration then why would it go back to normal after few times of reset???

12. JAT macrumors 603

13. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

I'm not clearly able to picture whats going on with your device because once you've restored [ I'm assuming you're on 5.1 now or did you use a 5.0.1 IPSW to re-JB ? ] using the current FW, all traces of the JB should be gone, and the " Connect to iTunes ' problem shouldn't re-occur!

I would visit the Apple store [if there's one around ] and have'em look at it.

Don't worry about having JB'en your device. Just make sure when you take it in, it's not JB'en [ to make things easier ] and you've backed everything because they might wanna give you a replacement.

Goodluck and keep us posted.