Connecticut Approves Bill Decriminalizing Marijuana

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacNut, Jun 7, 2011.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I hope this is the first step to legalization.

2. Huntn macrumors Pentium

Huntn

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Good. It's about time. Now they should just legalize it.

4. Surely Guest

Surely

Same here. Good job CT.

It's legal enough for me for now in CA :D, but hopefully someday soon it'll be as legal as booze here.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I'd rather people smoked pot, rather than drink booze.

Better yet, those who want to should eat it, it's so much better that way. Way back when, that's what I liked to do. But alas, those days are long gone.

6. Surely Guest

Surely

Yup.....no crazy behavior, no hangover the next day, and the worst thing that happens is you eat that old bag of chips at the back of the cupboard (and they taste like the best chips ever).:p

I don't like eating it. The twice I tried it that way, it didn't agree with my digestive system. However, I guess it could have been the other brownie ingredients that did that.

7. lvlarkkoenen macrumors regular

It's easier to control the dose you're taking when smoking. That one more beer you're having? That only kicks in until after you think you've had enough, meaning you've effectively had more. Eating pot is worse, smoking begins to work much faster.
    If you know what you're doing though, eating is fine. Vaporising might be a solution as well.
    But that's not what I was gonna go into. Let's first notify you of the fact that I'm Dutch. Where it's not strictly legal, but if you're carrying small amounts (less than that half ounce I think) there's nothing anyone's gonna do about it. Worst case, if you're being a nuisance, they'll take the pot on you away, and fine you for being a nuisance.
    I personally like pot better than alcohol as well. But it's way less common here to smoke a joint than to have a beer, regardless of its almost legal status. And I'm not sure if legalising it would change anything. Not unless the common opinion changed as well, and that, ofcourse, is a lengthy process.

8. Surely Guest

Surely

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Would love to see it legalized on a national basis, tax it and use tax proceeds strictly for drug education/treatment and paying down the national debt. States could get a small percentage to pay down their debts and/or bonds.

10. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I've had a pot hangover before and we've done some pretty crazy stuff....on weed.

11. Surely Guest

Surely

Really? I've never had one, no matter how much I indulged. Interesting. Perhaps it was due to something you may have inadvertently eaten whilst baked?;)

Crazy harmless, or crazy reckless/harmful? I was thinking more along the lines of getting into physical altercations, destroying property, etc. Because, I mean, I've done some crazy stuff too, but nothing that could have ever caused harm to me, others, or property.

That being said, in terms of driving/operating machinery and the workplace, it should be treated the in the same way as alcohol. A no-no.

12. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Eat it? Really? Didn't your parents at some point tell you not to put everything in your mouth... ???

:)

13. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I think you get way more f-ed up if you eat it and it seemed more unpredictable. I prefer vaporizer or bong.

14. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Let's hope more states follow. I won't get my hopes up for Texas. :(

15. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yes, we would make cookies with it in college. It was really fun. :)

16. Surely Guest

Surely

A few months ago, I ate a brownie and didn't feel the effects of it until the next day. All day. Fortunately it was a Sunday......I didn't like that.

Haven't tried a vap yet......

17. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I agree. There are strong logical, financial and legal arguments for legalization.

18. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

Have you seen these yet? I saw them on the Daily, iPad App. http://www.keefcola.com/
    Never tried Marijuana, in any form. Am I really missing out on much?

19. Surely Guest

Surely

I've seen something similar being sold where I go. Haven't tried it though.

That's hard for someone to answer for you. I enjoy it. I hadn't used it in around 7 years (just stopped, wasn't something we did), and then decided to take advantage of my CA residency and enjoy it again. I'm not a daily smoker......usually in the evenings on the weekends if we're staying home, and maybe once or possibly twice during the week (especially when I'm posting in the WW game thread ;)). I treat it like alcohol- I only consume it when I'm relaxing and have nothing important to do.

I don't think there's anything wrong with trying it or using it as long as you do so responsibly.

20. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Don't listen to him appleguy. Just read his posts to see what marijuana consumption does to you.

21. Surely Guest

Surely

-1 doucher!:D

22. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

Noted :D

23. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

This is very apropos to a conversation I had just this morning, with a frequent visitor to Cuba.

It seems that, in Cuba, it is not uncommon for the local 14-year-olds to step up to the bar and order a drink.

Visiting Canadian children, out of sight of their parents, locked-on to this fact, and started to partake.

Apparently pressure was applied on Cuba's tourism ministry to ban this practice, when foreigners (i.e. Canadians) were involved.

This smacks of the same type of outside influence on the Netherlands, to ease the pressure in the States to adopt the same customs.

24. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

Ingesting Cannabis actually changes the psychoactive chemical that normally affects you when you smoke. It's called 11 Hydroxy-THC and it is several times strong than normal THC. The high is very different and much more intoxicating. Don't plan to do much if you eat it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/11-Hydroxy-THC

25. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

My experiences with eating it are that the high lasts a hell of a long time and was more intense than smoking.