Connecticut's heated Senate race

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacNut, May 20, 2010.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

For those that haven't been following Connecticut's Senate race it is getting mighty interesting.
    Linda Mcmhan, former CEO of the WWE gave the clip to the times. But the clip she gave was a small snippet of the full speech. Either way Blumenthal has been trying to defend his record.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

So he's got a better war record than Bush? If it wasn't a big deal for his presidential campaign, why is it a big deal for this guy?

3. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I haven't watched the video, but why was he even talking about vietnam in a speech when he took five military deferments? You would think he'd try to downplay that whole ordeal.

Bush didn't assert that he put boots on ground in a war zone.

4. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

The McMahon campaign gave the quick edited clip to the Times and that is where this started. Rather than try to disprove the footage he admitted to misspeaking. Then a day later published the full clip where he did say he never served.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Wow- he should never have mentioned it in the first place. Not a good move.

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Stupid stupid move. Blumenthal has done good work for the state, but I honestly don't know wtf he was thinking with this.

I just really don't want to see McMahon take this. Luckily with the WWE there is more than enough crap to bring her down.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Correct. That was Hillary as I recall. :D

8. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

I see Simmons coming out on top after all the dust settles. People are not happy with Blumenthal and they don't trust McMahon.