Connecting MacBook to MacBook Pro is a One Way Street.. What Gives?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by thewallbanger, Jun 11, 2009.

1. thewallbanger macrumors newbie

Hey guys, just picked up a brand new 13" MacBook Pro. I've been trying to swap files from the old MacBook (2007 2.2Ghz) wirelessly on the network. Here's my problem..

The old MacBook has no problem finding and connecting to the shared folder of the new MacBookPro, however, the MacBookPro cannot connect to the old MacBook. Both are running Leopard. System preferences are all the same. I can see all MacBooks on the network in both Finders. When attempting to connect to the old one on the new MBP, the Finder just hangs. "Connecting..."

Here's the weird part. The new MacBook Pro will work exactly twice after a restart, but never again after that. I've restarted the MBP several times now, and I'm getting frustrated. There has to be a better way. What am I overlooking?

Thanks in advance.

2. theinstructor macrumors regular

theinstructor

Is Leopard firewall enabled on the MacBook? Try connecting as "user" replacing user with whatever username/password you have on that MacBook.

3. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

and if all else fails you could always create an ad-hoc network between the two.

4. thewallbanger thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks theinstructor, you're the winner! I changed white MacBook to accept all incoming connections in the firewall panel. I owe you one virtual beer.