Connecting MBP to a Asus ML228 LED Monitor

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by seel1214, Dec 23, 2010.

1. seel1214 macrumors newbie

Hi I have a 13inch MBP 2.4 GHz and I just recently bought a Asus ML228 22 inch monitor. It is full HD supporting up to 1080p. I have a mini dvi to hdmi connector so I can use hdmi to connect my MBP to the monitor. But every time I do the resolution is way off. I can not use the 1080p setting because the monitor says it is out of range so I can only use the 720p and that makes it look like crap and the 1080i and that looks good but the screen flickers. I have tried putting the macbook to sleep then closing the lid and waking it back up but sometimes it just flashes and says out of range and other times it goes back to 1080i with the flickering. I need help!

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

Turn off mirroring. Your laptop screen can't do 1080p, so you can't set that if you're mirroring.

3. seel1214 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried that. When I turn off mirroring my monitor says it is out of range. I have tried the putting my mbp to sleep then awaking it so that it will use the right resolution but my monitor says it is out of range.

4. nikideforrest macrumors newbie

Check all settings, not just mirroring. Try with other as well. One option will surely work with both of them...