Connecting the Xbox360 to an IMac 27“ (late 2009) via Dr. Bott: Screen flickers

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mob77, Jan 22, 2014.

1. mob77 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I am trying to connect my Xbox360 to my Imac 27“ (late 2009) via the Dr. Bott Digital Video Link.
    First I switched the Xbox360 to 720p using a TV and then I connected all the cables accordingly (Xbox -> Hdmi -> Converter -> MiniDisplay).
    When I then press cmd+F2 on the Mac, I can see the Xbox Home Menu and I can navigate through the menu, but the screen flickers constantly and the sound breaks from time to time.
    If I switch to 480p (I can only choose between 480p and 720p) the screen only flickers, if I switch to 720p (which would be the only resolution that is suitable for playing), the screen does not only flicker, but goes black every 3-5 seconds for 1-2 seconds. ( I don’t know if it is important, but the Xbox tells me that both resolutions would not work with 50Hz when I switch between them).
    What is the problem?
    I tried all the other resolution options in the Xbox menu without success and I tried the same thing with a different Hdmi and a different Display/MiniDisplay cable but the problem persists still.
    Does anybody have an idea what to do?
    OS X is 10.8.5
    Thank you so much in advance!
    Best regards!

2. Johnson2012 macrumors newbie

Hello
    Just took receipt of the Dr. Bott Digital Video Link and am encountering exactly the same problem with a PS3.
    Did you sort out the issue and can you share how?

Kr