Conservative Activist: Sex Ed is a Plot to Destroy Families, Gain Democratic Votes

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Jun 3, 2014.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

well there you go keep them stupid to keep them republicans.

http://www.alternet.org/comments/te...-families-gain-democratic-votes#disqus_thread
    This weekend, “ Understanding the Times” host Jan Markell spoke with Minnesota conservative activist Marjorie Holsten about Common Core, which Holtsen claims contains sex-ed material so graphic that it actually violates obscenity laws in several states.

The only reason schools would teach sex-ed, Holsten explains, is that educators are playing the long game in trying to increase the number of Democratic voters: “People say to me, why would they teach such awful things to our children? If you go deep down and you connect those dots, you see that when children are desensitized to sexual things, that affects their ability at a later date to bond with a spouse. And so if you have somebody who can’t bond, they’re not going to have a stable marriage. When you have unstable, broken households, how do they vote? Democrat. So this has a very evil underlying intent.”

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Perfect, unassailable logic. Clear connections between each element...how can you argue with such obvious cause and effect relationships?

Awesome!

:rolleyes: <-----If in doubt...

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yikes. One normally needs to be in a bat cave to see that much bat guano crazy in such a short article.

4. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Yeah this is a whole evil plan that really is thought out that deeply. Come on now does any one believe that's the idea behind it? I think the whole idea is to make sure no one gets a STD.

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

No surprise... Your brain on fundamentalist religion.

[​IMG]

6. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Listen to it around 6:30 on. It's just a long stream of sound bites with no real information. I hate disgustingly disingenuous people like this, and I don't care that she's considered a conservative activist. Her arguments lack merit, because they're nothing more than emotional appeals. I would hope most people are able to see through it.

7. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Wow. Evidently the GOP CAN teach stupid . . .