Conservative commentator quits Fox and explains his reasons.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by juanm, Mar 21, 2018.

1. juanm, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018

juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

A very conservative retired lieutenant colonel, Fox News contributor and Obama critic Ralph Peters quit Tuesday and denounced the network and President Donald Trump in an email to colleagues. He had previously been given time out from Fox for calling Obama a ****y.

Bold emphasis mine.

2. Zwopple macrumors regular

3. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

i wonder what he had for dinner, woke up next day fully enlightened.

4. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Its Ralph Peters which isn't mentioned in the OP. Most of the propaganda machine he's referring to is probably about Sean Hannity.

Right now loads of never-trumpers are googling him and finding out the river of conservative screed flowing from him.

5. statik13 macrumors regular

statik13

6. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Thanks. I don’t know him. @juanm, why not identify him in your original post?

7. juanm thread starter macrumors 65816

juanm

I did a copy paste of an article, and I must have left some part out. Solved now.

8. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Roger that. Thx.

9. pdqgp, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018

pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

not surprising. he's had run-ins and very robust disagreements with Tucker and Hannity. I saw the Tucker one the day it aired and he was out of line with Tucker and basically called him a Hitler apologist. It was a weird exchange really. He accused Tucker of chearing on Putin when all Tucker was doing is saying the enemy of our enemy is our friend when both parties are out to kill ISIS.

Peters hates Iran, hates Assad and hates the entire middle east and didn't like it when Tucker tossed out there that his support of the Iraq war was a big freaking mess and perhaps our gov't needs to slow down and think before we act. Peteres wants to unseat Assad and when Tucker questioned whether we thought through again, rubbing his nose in past bad decisions showing that and he clearly hadn't thought it through, he got even more inflamed.

He may be a conservative but is a war mongerer and doesn't like being questioned and calls those that disagree with him sympathizers of evil leaders. Tucker is a Pragmatic Libertarian and Peters is a Moralizing Neo-Conservative war hawk.

10. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

He ate some truth sausages.

I eat them all the time, very easy to find. $7.95 for a package at Costco.

11. RedKite macrumors regular

RedKite

Truth is a difficult pill to swallow..... many object against it. It's always better in the long run.

12. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Indeed. Of course it isn’t like FOX News just suddenly became this way on Trump’s election. He neatly avoids taking any responsibility for his participation in a network that has been “fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia” for a long time now.

13. Falhófnir macrumors 68030

Falhófnir

14. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Still trying to figure out what he called Obama. ****y is a tough one.

15. samcraig macrumors P6

16. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

The same thing drumpf grabs all the time.

;)