Conservative militia planned to assassinate Obama and Clinton

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by eatrains, Apr 24, 2019.

1. eatrains macrumors 6502

2. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Finally, a thread that's safe from Trump supporters :D

3. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

But I'm sure you will try to blame Trump for it.

4. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

I stand corrected, I should've said a thread where no Trump supporter will speak out against it. This post is a perfect example. You decided to address me, not the Conservatives who planned to murder Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama.

5. raqball macrumors 68000

The world is full of nutcases and if the story is true then these people fit the bill...

I believe a certain type of person is drawn to militia groups and that they are generally on the far end of the spectrum. Far right, far left, does not matter as a nut it a nut....

6. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

America has a long history of nutters assassinating or attempting to assassinate politicians and sitting Presidents etc. I’m always shocked how paranoid many of the fairly sane Americans are that I encounter here or in my line of work, especially against the government or in regards to rights. This sort of story doesn’t surprise me to be honest lol.

7. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

I was wondering how long it would take to get to the white guys are nutcases or lone wolves trope!

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

If groups are making threats they should be fully investigated and prosecuted.

9. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

In the last 40 years, why is it almost always conservatives who kill people for ideological reasons in the US?

10. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

Because the left doesn't have it's own wackos.......:rolleyes:

This guy and his group don't represent conservatives, they are just nut jobs.

Anyway, only a government official can call to stand a militia, a state governor, in a pinch a mayor or sheriff. As a rule, they need to be "well regulated", drilled, trained, and lead by commissioned officers of the United States.

These so called militia groups appoint themselves, and we can see how great their leadership is.....

11. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

I didn't take his comment to mean 'the left' has no whackos of their own. It's that historically speaking it's been shown that the whackos that have been caught tend to lean more to the right. They also seem to be able to more easily justify the killing of others as something correct, whether it's groups in numbers. Or elected officials they don't care for, but ironically are quick to lose their :mad: if you don't respect elected officials they care for.

What tends to happen is that when the 'whatabout' game starts, the right tends to go for the shooter at the congressional baseball game, and the examples stop. While when citing right leaning nut jobs once we get to McVeigh, we get the dismissive hand wave of "those are exceptions". The question becomes then, how many right leaning jobs 'that are exceptions' before they aren't exceptions anymore?

12. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Maybe because a few bad apples don't represent 99.99% of conservatives.

Trying to compare an arbitrary amount of people to justify one party is worse then another is just wrong. They need to placed in a seperate category called evil.

13. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

I don’t know what that number is, but it has to be a heck of a lot bigger than the handful that gets put out doesn’t it? We’re talking maybe a dozen people over decades vs millions of conservatives.

Would you say that Islamic terrorists “aren’t the exception” with respect to the larger population of Muslims?

14. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

I've never said that about any of them. What I have said is that the majority of whack jobs wanting to kill someone over a perceived grievance of politics or religion, often leans right. Saying Islamic terrorists are representative of all Muslims suddenly becomes very specific, as opposed to our country's whackjobs tend to lean right, which is a little more generalized.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 24, 2019 ---
    Once again, it isn't about comparing a whole group. It's about stating that it seems a greater number of whack jobs intent on killing someone tends to lean conservative as opposed to liberal.

15. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Your trying to use the guilt by association. As if party affilation somehow makes one a cold blooded serial killer too.

Lets use some common sense here please, thanks.

16. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Yeah my post should have been more precise. I edited it but I was apparently too late.

So you said:

If you replace “right leaning jobs” with “Islamic terrorists”, are you still allowed to pose this question?

17. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Don’t deluded yourself. This is always far right nuts and their militias/gun obsession

18. raqball macrumors 68000

Well okay, if you say so.....

19. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

More right-wingers commit violent attacks in the West these days than left-wingers, more Muslims commit violent attacks these days than Christians or Jews.

That doesn't mean all right-wingers or all Muslims are violent or that there's anything inherently violent about Islam or conservatism.

There. Now what side am I on?

20. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

You’re on the side that doesn’t feel compelled to pick a side. ;)

21. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

No. YOU'RE trying to claim I am saying that to play the victim. The group I am associating is 'whackos' or nut jobs, which in the United States have been historically shown to lean more towards the right. The only guilt is in being a 'whacko' or nut job who wants to kill others who don't align with their stated beliefs. Something you may find unpleasant because it may align ( if a somewhat more extreme version ) with your beliefs, thus I must be unfairly associating you with the nut jobs. No. That's you dragging your own cross to this conversation to hang on and claim you're being picked on.

Is that in comparison to the activities to the whackos & nut jobs in the U.S. that we started this conversation with? Because if not, then we find ourselves playing the 'whatabout' game I mentioned earlier, as if to somehow dismiss or equivocate the actions of said nuts & whackos who've been mostly right leaning.

22. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

I’m not playing a “whatabout game”, and I’m not dismissing your statement. I’m am perfectly willing to say what is clearly obvious; in absolute terms, there are more “violent right wing whackos” than “violent left wing whackos” in the US.

However, your statement, the one I quoted, is also obviously applicable to lots of different group comparisons. So...if you think that statement is invalid in any of those contexts, then I would think that it lacks validity here.

Which is why I’m asking the question.

23. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

So what is the primary reason why you guys keep on meantioning party affiliation in reguards to a few well known killers?

24. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan