Conservative provocateur James O'Keefe says

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Feb 23, 2017.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

2. Populism Suspended

Populism

I only glanced at the article, so I may be mistaken. But my impression is that he's releasing hundreds of hours of video, and that it has not been curated, and he's asking viewers to essentially do the homework for him - finding moments that demonstrate CNN bias. If my understanding is correct, that is the lamest and laziest way to go about this.

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

yes and no, IIRC he edited videos to suit his views, this way you get to make up your mind on what is released.

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I'm sorry, do you have any idea who O'keefe is and what his organization does? He is a textbook example of false editing. Everything he does is provocation using sensationalist concepts (showing up at Acorn in a pimp costume...or making it appear he did through his editing) and distortions. He's scum, nothing more.

5. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

Isn't he the guy who keeps trying to set up the left and gets caught doing it a lot?

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Yes, I'd say he's a professional **** disturber, but everything he does is amateurish.

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So he's a Trump.

9. samcraig macrumors P6

O'Keefe is at the center of FAKE NEWS. He's a slug. And I'm not a lawyer - but I question the legality of the recordings. Even if the person recording is the 1st person. These aren't interviews. They are meetings where a bunch of people who likely had no idea they were being recorded. I assume it would be based on what Georgia law is since CNN is in Atlanta. And if anyone was on a conference call - they have to abide by cross-state laws as well.

10. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I'm not about to sit and watch 200 hours of CNN, so if there is anything good I hope someone condenses it.

11. shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

12. samcraig macrumors P6

It's not video. It's audio. And it's not on air stuff. It's tons of office recordings. Only the insane would sit through more than a few minutes.

13. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Ah. Yeah I'd rather keep up with my podcasts.

14. Herdfan macrumors 6502

And isn't it like 8 years old? Nothing to see here.

15. poloponies, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017

poloponies Suspended

Just another amateurish charlatan. Get some unedited Fox News footage

Really, this and the Democratic party email "leaks" are ridiculous because it's like you have a couple who's divorcing and one of them tells you what the other REALLY thinks of you, in order to curry your favor, when you have no idea what horrible things that person may have said or done.

And I'm confident this fails to differentiate between news and editorial content, so it's meaningless junk. Why this proven numbskull has any public forum is beyond me. Nearly as idiotic as that Dinesh guy.

16. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Some context:

What a load of garbage.

James O'Keefe is too effin' lazy to sit through a few hours of scratchy audio recordings. Recordings that are now going eight years old. What does he expect to find? A bunch of CNN editors conspiring to get together eight years later to be mean to Donald Trump by lying about the size of his inauguration crowd? That CNN copywriters are conducting an illicit football pool?

If you have a hypothesis (That the mainstream media is distributing fake news. That CNN is secretly biased against orange-haired sh*tgibbons. Whatever) - you need to actually come up with some evidence to support that. Find a source who will back you up. A source who will get you a copy of a memo.

If you want to be treated like an actual journalist - do some work. James O'Keefe is nothing more than a thief.

17. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

if he did the work he would be accused of cherry picking out of context........

18. samcraig macrumors P6

He can't win with this one - no matter what the results.

19. vrDrew macrumors 65816

That's like claiming you're a playwright, passing out a stolen dictionary, and dissing Shakespeare for "cherrypicking" all the good words.

20. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

exactly.......... oh well.

21. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

NO, he could find something he would want to share and release the entire conversation instead of just a tiny quote.

22. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

He had to do both. Do the work and release the hot stuff, and also release the entire recordings. The two things are not mutually exclusive.

23. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

sure he can! It's a "look at me" moment......but what the heck, with Milo temporarily out of the picture, the position of Breitbart's Bad Boy is vacant and no doubt O'Keefe fondly remembers the days when he filled that slot........maybe he's hoping for a return engagement?

24. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Sucks for Milo, but Breitbart already has his replacement lined up, a Male to Female(sorry I don't know the proper nomenclature) trans-gender.