Conservatives Speak Out

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IntheNet, Apr 8, 2010.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Tell me this ITN, were all the complaints from liberals about Bush a sign of a cause for genuine concern or worry?

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

So... when did indiscriminate spewing become a good thing?

3. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

And they were holding back when they called him a nazi??

edit: I love the title of Palins piece, changing our status on the use of nuclear weapons is telling people to punch us in the face??

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Not even going to read any of it. This is a link dump: one news article and six opinion pieces which, from their titles, look like the same hysterical garbage these people have been using to drum up hate among the brownshirts.

Take your fear-mongering elsewhere, please.

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I thought "conservatives" have been "speaking out" for a year now.

6. Queso macrumors G4

The conservatives are running scared. They know that shouting and wailing like children in the hope the media notices is their only course of action. Four more years! :D

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Funny what Romney said, when what we got is Romneycare that he instituted in his own state.

8. awmazz macrumors 65816

Reducing total warheads by a third and hopes for a nuclear-free world are *exactly* Reagan's policies on record (speech in China and START). Yet I just saw this woman on TV slamming Obama as being weak while Reagan was strong, for exactly the same thing. To cheers from the audience.

Is there an actual medical term for this condition? Serious question. If you were to know someone personally (work or acquaintance) who slams and belittles you for doing something exacty the same as someone they constantly praise, you'd think there was something wrong with them. I know lots of common words to describe people like this where you go uh-huh and take a step back from them, but is there an official recognized term for it?

9. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Obama's a great President - I was worried as were many people around the world several months ago that he hadn't the stamina to bring about real change.

But he has. Guantanamo, Healthcare, Nuclear disarmament - all going in the right direction. I'd love to see what the world would be like with a guy like this in power for 2 terms. I just hope he has the stamina for it.

I hated him getting the Nobel Peace Prize at the time, but it now looks like he deserves it - the world will be a better place with nuclear weapons all gone, and in place politicians who aren't arrogant or dis-respectful of other nations.

10. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Acute malignant hypocrisy.

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

A nuclear war can not be won and must never be fought!- St. Ronnie

12. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Oh snap!

13. awmazz macrumors 65816

Hypocrisy infers seeng the similarity and making a conscious choice to ignore it.

It keeps happening so much with this individual and others, I'm starting to get the feeling this is actually something completely different. That they are physically incapable of observing similarities, even if they wanted to.

Like people who can't seem to remember faces are now being officially diagnosed with an actual medical condition Prosopagnosia (face blindness), whereas before they were just regarded as uncaring enough to bother even remembering your face.

Edit: The inability to remember faces is actually Prosopamnesia, even when faces can be recognized as faces.

14. awmazz macrumors 65816

If there isn't an actual medical term for it yet, I'm going to call it Palinitis.

Associative Palinitis ~ a disorder where the ability of an individual to perceive known similarities between two other individuals is impaired.

15. SolRayz macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

Sounds to me like conservatives are more desperate than ever...

16. IntheNet thread starter macrumors regular

IntheNet

Most of American public don't much like him either... oh snap!

Fox News Poll: Health Care and the Midterm Elections
    By Dana Blanton
    FOXNews.com
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/04/08/fox-news-poll-health-care-midterm-elections/
    Fox News poll finds Obama’s overall job approval rating dropped to a new low of 43 percent -- and finds by a 54 to 39 percent margin, American voters oppose the new health care law. President Obama’s overall job approval rating dropped to a new low of 43 percent. Nearly half -- 48 percent -- disapprove. In mid-March, it was 46-48 percent. His current rating among Democrats (80 percent) and independents (38 percent) are among his lowest ratings with these groups. He is now in single digits among Republicans (7 percent).

17. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

One moreso to troll herein.

18. awmazz macrumors 65816

As opposed to Bush's 25% in Oct 2008 when you wanted to elect McCain (and still Palin) to continue in the same vein?

So what's your point, to show that you have Associative Palinitis yourself?

Bummer, Palinitis is already in the dictionary as 'irritating unfounded media obsession syndrome'. May have to coin a new term.

19. djellison macrumors 68020

It's Right Wing Christian Fundamentalism. The clue is in the 'mental' of Fundamentalism.

It's not conservative.

20. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

21. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I don't normally read threads about US politics, but is it common for InTheNet to not reply to comments that go against his party of preference?

22. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

That's all he's ever done. Anything that disproves his distorted, warped view of the world, he ignores, such as the quote by his idol Ronald Reagan that we shouldn't have nukes. He's completely ignored it and will probably continue to ignore it.

23. IntheNet thread starter macrumors regular

IntheNet

In case you're curious, many of the conservative "speaking out" comments are centered around, or come from, the ongoing three-day Southern Republican Leadership Conference (SRLC) in New Orleans, which turns today to the 2008 vice presidential nominee and her much awaited address; that's right, Governor Sarah Palin will address gathering of GOP faithful at noon today, with Bobby Jindal. Other speakers include Mike Pence, Tim Pawlenty, Rick Santorum, Haley Barbour, Ron Paul, and to close out Conference, RNC Chief Michael Steele.

For a schedule of Conference speakers:
    Southern Republican Leadership Conference
    http://www.srlc2010.com/