Price Advice Consider selling: Beige PowerMac G3 with original Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MacPig, Dec 20, 2011.

1. MacPig, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2011

MacPig macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,
    I have an old, beige Powermac G3 gathering up dust in my bedroom. I want to sell it but I have no idea how to price it as they do seem to be somewhat rare over here in the UK. I have seen systems in worse condition sell for around $350 in the USA but I don't know if the demand is as high for them in the UK. I have everything it came with: keyboard, mouse, monitor, even the original warranty and software license!
    Any suggestions on how I should price it would be gratefully recieved. I hope you guys can help.

Best Regards,
    Pi

2. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

Hey, welcome to the forums!

First off, change the size of that pic! People on here tend to get grouchy when they see images flying 1xx's of pixels off to the right of the screen ;)

On to the question, well I've seen a few of these advertised locally for around £100, in good condition, with keyboard & mouse, but no in vgc like yours is with the box, warranty etc. I think people who advertise locally for pick up only aren't going to get as much as someone who posts online or somewhere where you get more traffic anyway so I'd say if you bung it on eBay (or any online auction site) or you know a place where you can get a lot of interest I reckon you'd get anything from £100-£200

Keep us posted! :)

3. mac57 macrumors newbie

mac57

Hi, I just bought a similar system on eBay for $US 300.00. It had the original Apple branded monitor, keyboard and mouse, plus the system unit itself, cables, manuals - the works.

In my view, it would have been worth at least $US 500.00. The original Apple CRT, keyboard and mouse were probably worth the $300 I paid, and then the system unit, cables, manuals etc. were easily worth another $200. I feel like I got a real deal.

While the beige PowerMacs are becoming more and more rare, the original CRTs are EXTREMELY rare, given the inherent fragility of such devices. My advise would be that they should be priced accordingly.

4. MacPig, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2011

MacPig thread starter macrumors newbie

Collectable?

So are there collectors for this sort of item? Roughly how quickly would it get picked up on Ebay (UK)?