Considering IP4s on AT&T; Options for Current IP4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tslewis, Nov 10, 2011.

1. tslewis macrumors member

Thinking of upgrading to an IP4S but my current IP4 is working fine.

Im on At&T. One reason for switching is that I hear the antennae on the ip4s is much better and may improve atandt cell reception. Im in LA and the call quality is awful but I dont want to lose my unlimited plan and I hear Sprint is having awful data speeds.

Anyway, what options do I have as reagrds my current IP4? Can I unlock it and sell to some one else? Can I use it as a second world phone?

Any advice appreciated

Cheers

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

The ip4 is yours to do with as you see fit. I'd probably keep it for a short overlap period just in case (i.e. to see if you get the improvements you anticipate), then sell it (or give it to a family member / relative). Your existing unlimited data will move over to the 4S, though the name changes (see other threads about 4S unlimited data on AT&T)

As to unlocking, personally I'd sell it as is and let the buyer worry about unlocking. I'd be concerned about what happens if I advertise it as unlocked and for some reason it doesn't work for the buyer.

3. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

If you decide to upgrade then yes you could sell your 4 on Craigslist, eBay, etc. I wouldn't recommend upgrading unless your phone is not working at all. Good luck.