Considering to sell/exchange my white 7 plus for a matte black but..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ugi, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Ugi macrumors regular

hello there,

I got a white silver 7plus since December 2016 and after some trouble at the beginning and apple exchanging my phone in April, I'm quite happy with my phone. I like the design and overall experience but kind of consider getting the matte black one, because of its sleek design. I have an offer to exchange for a one month old 256gb matte black plus with a Little amount to pay (mine has 128gb witch is absolutely sufficient for my needs).

However considering the threads from some months ago showing wear and tear of the matte black one I hesitate to accept the offers I get. I use my phones without any case or screen protectors and my white phone ist totaly flawless and I'd like to use the matteblack one the same way-no protection, a brown leather case from apple for some days maybe to change its optics and trick my eyes when I get the case off again like I currently do.

So how are your matte black phones holding up ? Would you recommend me to exchange/ get the black one when I want to use the phone without protection. How is the back holding ? Does the anodizing show tears or areas with less black spots just by using the bare phone with your hands ?

2. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

If you search within the forums, you will find numerous thread pertaining to matte black and how they hold up under normal use.

I've had a matte black 7 that I've had since March and it's held up rather well. It's still in mint condition and I do not use it with a case. It does attract finger prints on the back (not as bad as jet black), but I am easily able to wipe them off on shirt or microfiber cloth.

3. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

I'm not particularly careful with my matte black 7+ and the only area where it's really showing wear is on the very bottom of the back, since that's where it makes contact with tables.

4. Audit13 macrumors 6502

Audit13

I think it's the Jet Black phones that scratch or show scratches more easily.

5. Ugi thread starter macrumors regular

It's not scratches I'm worried about, but the black getting less on some spots or even the bare shiny Aluminium coming to the foreground. I know I'm careful with my phones but reading all the different threads of people complaining about the matte black makes me hesitate.
    There is someone willing to pay me 780€ for my 7 plus. For about 50 bucks more I can get a sealed black one from different vendors. Oh mani don't know what to do.

I'd like to use the phone for at least 2 more years but I'm afraid of having a bad looking phone after just some weeks.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 15, 2017 ---
    Can you post some photos?

6. canuckRus macrumors 6502

canuckRus

7. Ugi thread starter macrumors regular

I don't want plastic **** on a full metal phone

8. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

I would, but the phone was recently replaced by Apple. The only mark on the new phone is from it falling out of my pocket onto some bolts, which left a little mark between the volume buttons. Could probably be touched up with a sharpie. Here's what that incident looked like:

Attached Files:

9. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Let me show you my 7 Plus. Phone is about 5 months old.

This phone is pristine and I do use it caseless. However I do use a tempered glass screen protector on it.

I also had a rose gold 7 that I used the same way and both phones are pristine well the rose gold one was a week ago when I last saw it ... I sold it.

Attached Files:

10. Ugi thread starter macrumors regular

11. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Yeah I really think you’ll be ok and I’ll be honest with you I WASNT happy until I got back to a black iPhone.

12. Ugi thread starter macrumors regular

After sleeping 2 nights over it I won't change.
    I decided to be happy with what I have instead of always wanting something else. I'm sure I'd want to have a white one again after half a year.
    Additionally it would be really risky to get an iphone with all the issues I had with my silver one from the beginning including yellow tinted or inconsistently illuminated display or the microphone of the rear cam recording high pitched noises in video records. Nah I just don't feel like that anymore. And a black iPhone wouldn't fit my white white iPad hehe
    I'll see what apple will present in the upcoming 2 years. I really hope, there will be an updated se follow with a refreshed display and slim bezels (not bezelless!) .the rumours for the iPhone 8 and its Design don't make me anything near excited but we'all see.

I really appreciate your posts and updates and I hope your phones condition will remain.
    Thank you !