Considering Trading In My Sprint 5C for the 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djransom, Oct 17, 2013.

1. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Morning/afternoon everyone. I got a 5C from Sprint for free and activated it on 10/10 along w/ 5C for my wife and daughter. Fast forward to now, I would love to exchange my 5C in for a 5S, but who knows when Sprint will have it back in stock. Somehow when they setup my account they made my line eligible for an upgrade now. I've been considering trading in my 5C for a 5S at an Apple or Best Buy store. Just looking for thoughts on this move.

2. sjperformance macrumors 6502

make the switch. if you want the latest and greatest go with the 5S. I used a temporary 5C 2 weeks ago as I waited for my 5S from at&t to get here (left sprint after 12 years to at&t) I did like how the 5c felt. The battery life seemed better. If the 5S felt in hand like the 5C that would be awesome. But go ahead and get the 5S

3. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

There's just something about the iPhone 5/5s design that I don't like. Idk what it is honestly. When the iPhone 5 was first release I bought it on launch, but a month later I went to a 4S. Idk what it is about it... That said ... If the 5s could feel In your hand like the 5c I believe the phone would be excellent, but for me the design holds it back.

However OP, I say if your not happy with your 5c go to the 5s. It's obviously the better phone hardware wise. People will say it's more durable, but that's questionable. It is made with aluminum, but aluminum is thin. I just hope the iPhone 6 is a major overhaul In design. I'm not talking a bigger screen I just mean design... I like my 5c, but I only got it so it would hold me over until next launch

4. sjperformance macrumors 6502

I agree. if the 5S felt like the 5C it would be perfect.

5. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Yes I agree 100%. Honestly the only thing the iphone 5C is missing is TouchID. Everything else is fine on the device. The A6 chip is still monster fast. When using them in day to day use it is hard to notice the difference in speed between the 5S and 5C. I know that will change over time, but my upgrade cycle is pretty much every year anyway so I always had plans of upgrading to the 6... I just wanted to stay away from that design after disliking my iphone 5.

6. Firocity macrumors member

I always say get the best hardware you can buy as long as budget allows. The 5c is fast now, but who knows what kind of apps will be out there in 6 months that you may want to run. I am all about future proofing your phone, especially if you plan to keep it for 2 years. I kept my 4s for two years and it was struggling along towards the end.

7. djransom thread starter macrumors 68040

djransom

I'm definitely going to make the move. Just waiting for a local Apple store to get a 16GB for Sprint either in gold or slate. I prefer gold and an Apple case.