Conspiracy Theories That You Actually Believe

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by phil87, Sep 8, 2013.

1. phil87 macrumors newbie

Unlike most black people, I don't think the government or a evil cabal that meets quarterly under the carousal in Central Park to hatch these malevolent plans for world domination and to keep minorities, (especially black people oppressed. However there are certain conspiracy theories I do give credence to.

The Kennedy Assassination

Even though I've never read it, I don't believe the Warren Commission's report on the Kennedy assassination. I have a VERY HARD TIME believing that Lee Harvey Oswald simply decided one day to take a rifle to the sixth floor of the school book depository building, and spill Jack's brain all over that cute lil pink suit Jackie wearing that November afternoon.

I believe the Kennedy assassination was a mob hit ordered by Sam Giancana with logistical support provided by J. Edgar Hoover and rogue elements with in the F.B.I. and possibly the Secret Service.

I have no way of quantifying this, but my theory is this. The 1960 presidential election was a very close race decided by only 112,827 votes, of the 68,832,482 that were cast. In Illinois, Kennedy's margin of victory was only 8,858 votes. If you go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U...ntial_election,_1960 look at the break down of the voting by county, Nixon won every damn every county in Illinois, the important exception is Cook County. The same happens in New York, but Jack's margin of victory is a little bit bigger in New York.

It's alleged that Papa Joe was connected and he was involved in bootlegging whiskey during Prohibition. I believe (and this is purely conjecture on my part,) that Papa Joe may have called in "a favor," to some "friends of his," in the Chi and NYC. Also, Peter Lawford was married to Patricia Kennedy. So probably in the days and weeks,and Election Night, 1960 Papa Joe and Sinatra were using those mob ties with the unions and Cook County Board of elections to run some shenanigans.

Once in office, Jack appoints his little brother Bobby AG, and Bobby starts going after the Mob. The wiseguys are probably like, "WTF? We get this mick bastard's kid elected president and his other kid is hitting us with indictments and subpoenas ordering us to testify at Congressional hearings. AWWW HELL NAW!" Add in Hoover's dislike for the Kennedys and the ***** goes down. Mind you, Jack Ruby, had ties to the Chicago syndicate. He supposedly bodies Lee Harvey Oswald to spare Jackie a trial and to show that "Jews had guts." Ruby later dies of cancer in the Feds. If you do your research, a lot of people connected to the Kennedy assassination died under "mysterious," circumstances. Then there's hit on Bobby in '68 which I think was tied into his brother's murder. Eff Sirhan Sirhan's excuse about Bobby's support of Israel, that was an orchestrated hit to keep Bobby from becoming president so that he wouldn't re-open a new investigation into his brother's and possibly Dr. King's assassination. Speaking of which, I also believe that government was involved in Dr. King's and Malcolm X's murder too.

2. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Maybe.... just maybe the whole September 11th thing was a deliberate act from the US government. Since I'm a British citizen, it isn't something I think about much or really have a vocal opinion about.... but something in the back of my head tells me there is something the US government are hiding about that day.

Oh and crop circles are totally aliens. :p

3. user-name-here macrumors 65816

I recently watched Zeitgeist: The Movie. That was quite the conspiracy brain trip :eek:

4. Happybunny macrumors 68000

5. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    I believe that Fidel Castro dressed up like Marilyn Monroe and gave JFK a case of syphilis so bad it eventually blew out the back of his head.

(Credit goes to Strangers with Candy for that line.)

6. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Denver International Airport.

I believe all the stories about it. Every single one. Secret FEMA concentration camp, powerbase for the New World Order, and central chemtrail vector for the entire northeastern United States? Sure. Why not? I mean that'd at least explain that...

...ghastly
    [​IMG]

...horrendous
    [​IMG]

...hhuuuwwwuuuuuhwhhhhh
    [​IMG]

...mustang statue. Now I'm all for artistic expression and making a statement, but this is...yeah...about the last ******* thing you'd expect to see funded with tax dollars and placed in front of a busy airport. I've seen Giger paintings that exude more warmth and cuddliness.

The only explanation I can think of for something so obviously out of place is that...it's not. Denver International really is a place where Bad Things Happen. Horror Horse is meant to be there. :O

7. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

These phrases disturb me.

8. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Pretty much this. I have no proof, and I can't say for certain one way or another; but I never have been able to shake the feeling that perhaps at least a small part of that event was planned out in advance.

9. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

I love that people find it "hard to believe" that Oswald decided to shoot Jack or Sirhan decided to assassinate Bobby. Yet, have no problem believing that Hinkley shot Reagan, or Booth assassinated Lincoln, or Giteau killed Garfield, or Czolgosz killed Harrison.

What makes the Kennedy deaths so more ripe for conspiracy? It only takes one person with a gun.

Amusingly, the only assassination or attempt, on a US President, has actually proven to be any kind of conspiracy, and that was the one on Ford, by Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme, and the conspirators were the Manson Family.

10. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

11. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Because of all the other surrounding stuff - like LHO being assassinated in front of the police and LHO shooting Kennedy through the trees when he was travelling across his window - i.e a very difficult shot.

It's the only conspiracy theory I believe. Though I have no idea who actually did the deed.

12. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Just watched the video again. :eek: :(

It's just really hard for me to believe that final shot comes from behind.

I know there may be explanations for it.

But it's hard to refute what my eyes see.*

*And yes. I know the eye and mind can be fooled.

13. chown33 macrumors 604

If I believe it, then it's not a conspiracy theory. By definition. QED.

14. chown33 macrumors 604

I don't think the geometry makes for a difficult shot at all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The white arrow points to Oswald's location. From that corner window, JFK's car is heading almost directly away, it's not moving across the shooter's field of view. Tracking a slowly retreating or advancing target is not a difficult shot. Oswald was a former US Marine, and one of their mottos is "Every Marine a rifleman".

Here's another site picture, from 1969:
    [​IMG]
    The shooter's window is high enough to have a clear view over the tops of the trees.

You can hold to your theory, I just don't think it's justifiable for the stated reason.

15. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Good point. Although obviously the earlier shot when he was heading directly towards the window would have been even easier.

16. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

Yes it is.

What is the definition of conspiracy theory in your mind?

17. pmau macrumors 65816

Nikolai Tesla

Invented wireless energy transmission but was ridiculed by governments and colleagues of his time until he died poor.

If you look at a decent documentary, not the free energy cold fusion conspiracy BS, you will be amazed by his inventions. Most of them build the foundation of our daily live.

There's a decent BBC documentary on YT somewhere.

Our world would be a different place if he would not have been dismissed as irrelevant.

18. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Since we are at it:

I see a high possibilty that Saddam was lured into invading Kuwait by the US.

What better way to establish US bases in that reason.
    Letting him stay in power for some more years meant that these bases could stay even after the fighting had stopped.

19. chown33 macrumors 604

Sorry, forgot the sarc tag.

20. macmesser macrumors 6502a

He worked for Edison for a while, who stiffed him badly and later sent thugs to wreck the lab he built so he could work for himself.

21. chown33 macrumors 604

Not necessarily. That path is level. The path leading away is a downgrade, so there's less apparent upward travel of the target image from the shooter's viewpoint.

22. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

While I may consider some conspiracy theories more plausible than others, I cannot say I definitively BELIEVE in any of them.

23. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

You can just hear all the credibility being sucked right out of the OP with these words. :D

Occam's Razor applies here - it's actually much simpler to believe that Oswald did it than to believe all the other coincidences, conjectures, and fantasies about the government, the mob, Cuba, etc. all just happened to come together and shoot the President in front of hundreds of people.

Agreed. I live near Dallas, I've been to Dealey Plaza several times and to the Sixth Floor Museum a few times. I've looked down onto Elm Street from up there. Cameras don't do that view justice, in my opinion; it's a ridiculously easy shot. The white "X"'s painted on the street, where the shots began and ended, are really not all that far away.

It's actually pretty widely accepted that Lincoln's assassination was part of a conspiracy as well, although the attempt on Secretary Seward's life failed, and the assassin assigned to take out Andrew Johnson got cold feet.

24. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Area 51? Does that qualify as a conspiracy theory?

25. rovex macrumors 65816

And you wouldn't be wrong in saying that.

Who would of thought the enemy al qaeda would next be our friend in syria. :eek: