Conspiracy Theory

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mcrain, Feb 27, 2012.

1. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Any chance Ron Paul is using this presidential run as a way to set his son up for a VP nomination from Romney?

[​IMG]

Ron Paul has some problems with his voting record, his connection to the newsletters, and some crazy things he has said on policy issues, but he gets a lot of lefty support because of his libertarian stance on certain issues. His son has had one major misstep, but may be able to attract the Ron Paul backers without his father's baggage.

Romney already gets the support of the wealthy and moderate right. The hard right-wing will support anyone but Obama. If Rand Paul can bring in his father's support, that has to take something from Obama's support. That's a pretty tough road for Obama. IMO, tougher than if (assuming) Romney selects some far-right kook. I think Romney/Paul or Romney/Christie is stronger than Romney/Huckabee or Romney/Santorum. In addition, I think Romney/any moderate is stronger than Romney/any far right.

(edit) If that is the case, will 2010-2012 be seen as the end of this political shift to the right?

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

He is setting his son up for a future run for president.

3. Andeavor macrumors 6502

Rand sounds everything Ron is not so why would he want him to take his place, or am I missing the bigger picture here?

4. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

No, just a thought I had. Rand sounds like Ron without as much baggage. I could see Romney/Rand with Ron's backing being a tough combination. Business experience plus libertarian ideology with some lefty erosion.

5. JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

That's the guy from Brüno :p