Constitutional Carry: Are the Inmates Finally Taking Over the Asylum?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Feb 9, 2015.

1. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I haven't gotten personal at all in this thread.

I've tried to discuss the issue, but it seems as if it's thrown the advocates into quite a tizzy.

So ... back to the issue ...

Can you tell me what the difference between a restriction and a law is? Because you seem to be arguing that they are two different things.

2. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

of course not

[
    be kind enough to learn how to use the ignore function. had you not gotten personal I have simply continued to ignore you, but you seemingly can't handle being ignored.

3. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Dude. I said you redefined the meaning of a word.

I didn't call you stupid, I suggested you misused the word.

4. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

dis·in·gen·u·ous
    ˌdisənˈjenyo͞oəs/
    adjective
    not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.

5. citizenzen, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015

citizenzen macrumors 65816

Can we get back on topic and discuss how you seem to think that gun restrictions are different from gun laws?

Edit: I took another look at my previous post and I can see how jkcerda could misinterpret my intended message. I doubt that you'll believe me, but I was trying to convey that you changed the definition of the word, "stupid," and not that you were stupid. Admittedly, it wasn't my best effort at writing, and I sincerely apologize for providing the opportunity for misunderstanding what I had intended to convey.

6. stroked Suspended

stroked

So I have something in common with a home intruder.

After you let that potential killer rummage through your house, and take whatever he wants, don't bother to call the police, they will just send another potential killer to take the report.

7. vrDrew macrumors 65816

You do realize that Weisser is an NRA life member; has operated for over 30 years a wholesale and retail firearms business; and teaches the Massachusetts gun-safety class?

There seems to be no middle ground with the "gun-enthusiast" community. You're as bad as the Bolsheviks - anybody who doesn't adhere to the "party line" gets expelled and put on an enemies list.

Weisser isn't "afraid" of guns. He probably owns hundreds of them. And he obviously would be opposed to gun confiscation.

But he has a slightly different opinion than the NRA hierarchy: Like many other Americans he doesn't believe the Second Amendment gives people the right to carry firearms everywhere they go.

That doesn't make him an "anti-gunner"; or a liberal; or whatever other invective you can come up with.

But there is no talking to you people. Anger; fear; and lies seems to be all you've got to peddle. Excuse me for saying I'm losing interest.

8. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Ironic considering you never backed up what was obviously just your opinion on other post like the atheist who killed those 3 people .

9. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I don't think irony has anything to do with it.

Why don't you try addressing some of the issues - such as the fact that obviously not everyone who owns (and likes) firearms doesn't necessarily agree with the extreme NRA agenda you seem to keep pushing.

10. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Ironic you mentioned anger fear lies as something I peddle when you failed to provide any proof at all to your claims about gun owners on the other thread.

I'm not an NRA member. Don't care what agenda they are pushing. I'm simply not interested in any more restrictions/stupidity passed down on MY state. Other states have their own set of laws to deal with . 10 million CCW holders and it's not the blood bath some of you thought it would be. If he doesn't agree with the NRA then he can always leave it, I did after my first year, hell even George Bush sent a letter to the NRA resigning http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/bushnra.asp

11. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/24/chicago-crime-rate-drops-as-concealed-carry-gun-pe/

12. samiwas macrumors 68000

13. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Crime has been in a decline for a while . The only thing you will find are anecdotes when it comes to concealed carry stopping crime, data as mentioned before it's not compiled by departments. No one seemingly cares, they only care if you broke the law while you legally carried.

14. citizenzen macrumors 65816

That answers your conceal carry question as well.

15. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

16. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Uh, no.

It is mainly due to the Police Department, under pressure from the Mayor's office, "reclassifying" the way certain crimes get tabulated.

The police chief, naturally, denies this. But what did he have to say about guns?

Much of Chicago's violence is gang members killing each other, usually in the warmer summer weather. It seems unlikely the perpetrators of such crimes are really thinking twice about whether or not their victims are CCW holders or not.

17. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

possible, honestly it is hard to say.

----------

a gang member can't get a CCW. only the law abiding follow gun laws . otherwise gang members would not be killing each other.

18. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Really? Why not?

19. citizenzen macrumors 65816

No. They just do it anyway.

20. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

21. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

because they are criminals. here in CA everyone passed an FBI background check, our neighbors were also questioned to see if there were any warning signs.

----------

1.is there a news paper out there w/o an agenda?
    2. can't say.
    3. that's fine.

22. citizenzen macrumors 65816

That relationship needs to be established through scientific study.

Speculation alone doesn't cut it.

----------

If only they knew about the thousands of rounds of ammunition stashed in your home.

23. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Yeah? Every one of them? I suspect you might be partially mistaken.

24. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

not sure where you are from, but here in the states KNOWN gang members have plenty of interaction with police. as mentioned my record was checked at both local & federal level. you might know some gang members with no criminal record in your country or where ever you are from.

25. samiwas macrumors 68000

It would be an interesting, but impossible, study to see what percentage of gang members actually have a criminal record which would stop them from legally purchasing a firearm.