Constitutional Crisis in the United States Government

What is the duty of The Executive Branch during a Congressional Impeachment Inquiry?

• Has the duty to comply and cooperate with the Congressional Impeachment investigation.

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Has the right to obstruct the Congressional Investigation to protect it’s turf.

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Other, explain.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I don’t know.

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

mudslag

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2010
Precedent indicates otherwise. Such equivalence is a concoction. Again, without due process, fighting a subpoena would likely prevail.

The Constitution is clear, the House decides the rules of impeachment not the WH

constitution article 1 section 2 clause 5

The House of Representatives shall chuse their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.

constitution article 1 section 5

Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behavior, and, with the Concurrence of two-thirds, expel a Member.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
How do you get your info? Direct line to the White House?
PLEASE show the link where it shows impeachment process has STARTED.
- - Post merged: - -

Executive privilege is not a mechanism who’s purpose is to cover up wrong doing by the President.
like Obama did in the fast & furious investigation?

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
PLEASE show the link where it shows impeachment process has STARTED.
- - Post merged: - -

I’m not your Civics teacher. As I said watch some news or maybe read up on it. We are in the formal inquiry stage. 🤗 If you have a point, please state it. Until then I’m going to have to lump you with @John-F, trying to hammer on non-existent partisan precedent and blowing smoke to protect your guy. Smoke seems to be your specialty, but as you employ it, it’s just not effective.

What’s Next in the Impeachment Process? An Inquiry & a Vote

Last edited:

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
I’m not your Civics teacher. As I said watch some news or maybe read up on it. We are in the formal inquiry stage. 🤗 If you have a point, please state it. Until then I’m going to have to lump you with @John-F, trying to hammer on non-existent partisan precedent and blowing smoke to protect your guy.

What’s Next in the Impeachment Process? An Inquiry & a Vote

thanks for admitting the process has not formally started. it's still in the inquiry part. see how easy that was? I did notice you avoided Obamas use of executive privilege to protect the criminal actions of Holdger

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
thanks for admitting the process has not formally started. it's still in the inquiry part. see how easy that was? I did notice you avoided Obamas use of executive privilege to protect the criminal actions of Holdger
BS, learn to register what you read, please! The formal inquiry is part of the Impeachment process as stated. Stop trying to twist the narrative to make your imaginary point and gain (I have no idea) whatever advantage you want to achieve.. 🤔

Obama is your obsession and assertion. You are free to document your accusations. I’m not obligated to address them.

Last edited:

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
BS, learn to register what you read, please! The formal inquiry is part of the Impeachment process as stated. Stop trying to twist the narrative to make your imaginary point and gain (I have no idea) whatever advsntage you want to achieve.. 🤔

Obama is your obsession and assertion. You are free to document your accusations. I’m not obligated to address them.
fine , go ahead and impeach.

beaker7

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2009
But Obama!

Legit considering making talking action figures of prominent Trump sycophants that just scream BUT OBAMA or BUT HILLARY when you press the button.

Or a mode for Alexa that does that:

“Hey Alexa, play Elvis Presley”

“But Hillary once played Elvis Presley”

linuxcooldude

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2010
But Obama!

Legit considering making talking action figures of prominent Trump sycophants that just scream BUT OBAMA or BUT HILLARY when you press the button.

Because it shows the Democrats won't let a sopena get in their way of claiming their own executive privilage.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
But Obama!

why don't you read the post I quoted talking about executive privilege before you put on your deflector shields to the max?

Reactions: Solver

John-F

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
Nevada
The Constitution is clear, the House decides the rules of impeachment not the WH

constitution article 1 section 2 clause 5

The House of Representatives shall chuse their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.

constitution article 1 section 5

Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behavior, and, with the Concurrence of two-thirds, expel a Member.
I already agreed that the House makes the rules - In fact several times.

Reactions: Solver

John-F

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
Nevada
Please produce documentation for the precedent you cite or admit this is your opinion.
The precedent I referred to were the Nixon and Clinton impeachments where there was a floor vote followed by a process where the minority could call witnesses, interrogate witnesses. But that is just my opinion.

BUT, on the other hand, the thread title states "Constitutional Crisis in the US Government"

Is this your opinion, or are you stating this as a fact? Please state this is your opinion or:

Provide a link to define exactly what a crisis is.

Provide a link to clearly specific what actions are consistent with the definition of a crisis.

Thanks.

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The precedent I referred to were the Nixon and Clinton impeachments where there was a floor vote followed by a process where the minority could call witnesses, interrogate witnesses. But that is just my opinion.

BUT, on the other hand, the thread title states "Constitutional Crisis in the US Government"

Is this your opinion, or are you stating this as a fact? Please state this is your opinion or:

Provide a link to define exactly what a crisis is.

Provide a link to clearly specific what actions are consistent with the definition of a crisis.

Thanks.
Ok, so this is your opinion.
Dude you do watch and read the news, yes? I’ll ask, which news? Search on Constitutional Crisis in your browser.

!

John-F

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
Nevada
Ok, this is your opinion.
Dude you do watch and read the news, yes? Maybe I should ask which news? Search on Constitutional Crisis.

!
The above are themselves opinions. All you are doing is citing opinions to claim what you state is a fact. FAIL.

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The above are themselves opinions. All you are doing is citing opinions to claim what you state is a fact. FAIL.
Dude your opinion is a self serving fail based on your politics. Stop being a Trump lap dog. The term Constitutional Crisis is an opinion currently held by many people when the Constitution is in jeopardy because a Branch of Government goes rogue and decides they don’t have to follow any stink’n laws or rules, while spewing lies 24/7 to fool the sheep. The GOP holds direct responsibility, for allowing this travesty in the WH to continue. 🥵

John-F

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
Nevada
Dude your opinion is a self serving fail based on your politics. Stop being a Trump lap dog. The term Constitutional Crisis is an opinion currently held by many people when the Constitution is in jeopardy because a Branch of Government goes rogue and decides they don’t have to follow any stink’n laws or rules, while spewing lies 24/7 to fool the sheep. The GOP holds direct responsibility, for allowing this travesty in the WH to continue. 🥵
OK, so Constitutional Crisis is your opinion. But you appeared to suggest it was a fact based on links to other opinions. Whatever. My opinion is any Constitutional Crisis is the result of the Democrats launching an impeachment inquiry without any basis. My opinion, shared by many, is Trump did nothing criminal or even impeachable. Also, my opinion is the real reasons for this action is 1) Appease the far-left of the party, which has amassed power beyond their numbers, and 2) Attempt to discredit the upcoming IG report and Durham investigation, which will likely lead to significant indictments. These indictments will IMO further discredit the Obama Administration and key Democrats. It will further erode the Democrats's shrinking influence and may well lead to a landslide election win for Trump.

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
OK, so Constitutional Crisis is your opinion. But you appeared to suggest it was a fact based on links to other opinions. Whatever. My opinion is any Constitutional Crisis is the result of the Democrats launching an impeachment inquiry without any basis. My opinion, shared by many, is Trump did nothing criminal or even impeachable. Also, my opinion is the real reasons for this action is 1) Appease the far-left of the party, which has amassed power beyond their numbers, and 2) Attempt to discredit the upcoming IG report and Durham investigation, which will likely lead to significant indictments. These indictments will IMO further discredit the Obama Administration and key Democrats. It will further erode the Democrats's shrinking influence and may well lead to a landslide election win for Trump.
  • A Constitutional Crisis is when the Constitution is used as toilet paper, by those charge. When a Branch of Govt goes rogue and the Congress does not check them because they are in on the scam, this is a Constitutional Crisis. It’s as much of a fact as it will ever be, because when the White House is burning down, we’ll have a group of people saying, “0h no, it’s not burning.”
  • And granted you along with the Trumpettes and many Republicans blame the Democrats because you have problems with how laws are defined, when your guy breaks them, basic math and don’t want the most crooked POTUS OF OUR LIFE TIME held accountable, because that would mean the GOP loses this round.
  • Going back to try to hit Obama at this point in time is just diversionary fun and games with the corrupt GOP, anything to fool the sheep and the Koolaid drinkers.
  • And it remains to be seen just how much the Democrats are harmed or bolstered by having Mr. Slippery sliming up the White House for 2 years with the help of his GOP enablers. Oh, yeah they all wear clothes pins on their nose when he’s around, but this is far from enough for them to avoid responsibility for this National fiasco. 🤬

linuxcooldude

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2010
  • A Constitutional Crisis is when the Constitution is used as toilet paper, by those charge. When a Branch of Govt goes rogue and the Congress does not check them because they are in on the scam, this is a Constitutional Crisis. It’s as much of a fact as it will ever be, because when the White House is burning down, we’ll have a group of people saying, “0h no, it’s not burning.”
  • And granted you along with the Trumpettes and many Republicans blame the Democrats because you have problems with how laws are defined, when your guy breaks them, basic math and don’t want the most crooked POTUS OF OUR LIFE TIME held accountable, because that would mean the GOP loses this round.
  • Going back to try to hit Obama at this point in time is just diversionary fun and games with the corrupt GOP, anything to fool the sheep and the Koolaid drinkers.
  • And it remains to be seen just how much the Democrats are harmed or bolstered by having Mr. Slippery sliming up the White House for 2 years with the help of his GOP enablers. Oh, yeah they all wear clothes pins on their nose when he’s around, but this is far from enough for them to avoid responsibility for this National fiasco. 🤬
Sounds very much like the Democrats protecting their Presidential canidate Hilary while trying to take out Trump from 2016 till now. Thats a Constitutional Crisis.

Reactions: Solver and John-F