Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
Less to do with SJ being out of the picture (though not entirely) and more to do with confidence in Tim Cook.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
I find it is to short of a time scale to be worth anything. It could just be because Apple made headlines and it was not negative press really.

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country
I think most younger people who grew up in the iPhone and iPod and iTunes probably are not as "tuned into" SJ as being Apple. It's those of us who have seen Apple rise form the ashes of the late 90s to its position today that link SJ directly to that rise and worry about what the future will bring w/o SJ around.

InuNacho

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2008
In that one place
It's those of us who have seen Apple rise form the ashes of the late 90s to its position today that link SJ directly to that rise and worry about what the future will bring w/o SJ around.

I saw all that stuff and am glad Jobs is out of the picture. Hopefully Cook will spend more time on the computers and less on the iDevices or at least move resources around a bit.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
I saw all that stuff and am glad Jobs is out of the picture. Hopefully Cook will spend more time on the computers and less on the iDevices or at least move resources around a bit.

Don't bet on it. These "iDevices" *are* the new crop of computers, and they are absolutely key to Apple's strategy going forward. That much is certainly clear from Apple's financials from last quarter.

Last edited:

InuNacho

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2008
In that one place
Don't bet on it. These "iDevices" *are* the new crop of computers, and they are absolutely key to Apple's strategy going forward. That much is certainly clear from Apple's financials from last quarter.

Doesn't mean they can't spend a couple days updating things like graphic drivers or updating flash or java themselves.

G4er?

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2009
Temple, TX
I feel better about Apple now. Not knocking Steve but I think some products were probably held back not because they weren't good or wouldn't make money but just because Steve didn't like them or didn't come up with the idea himself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.