Contact

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by smgrisw, Jan 2, 2012.

1. smgrisw macrumors newbie

Dear All,

I have an iphone that I sync with Microsoft Outlook on a windows computer. I have never had a problem until I added an account that is associated with Microsoft Exchange. Up to that point all my accounts were pop accounts. After adding the account at the next sync all of my contacts were removed from my iphone. When I look in iTunes the option that is checked says sync all outlook contacts. I have tried several solutions and have read several threads, but have not been able to resolve this issue. Has anyone had this issue and been able to resolve it?

Thanks

2. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

One thing is that once you have synced your email accounts to the iPhone, turn off the mail sync in iTunes. All that does is sync settings, and when people make changes and they sync again, it will sync to the original that is on the computer.

The change you need to make is in the settings section of the iPhone. Go to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>select the Exchange account. From there, you get the option of what you want to sync from the Exchange account. If you do not want to sync the Exchange contacts, you can turn that off. That is what I do. I want to continue to use my own contacts from Outlook. I just sync my mail. I still have access to the Global address book from my Exchange account when I go to send mail, but the Exchange account has not affect on my Contact list in Outlook. Hope that helps.